Speed Ratings

Firstly apologies if this has been asked before I'm toying with he idea of compiling y own speed ratings for AW sprint handicaps I understand Topspeed in racing post re weight adjusted and want to have them in pure form Is this worthwhile and is it laborious to do? Is there a program or a spreadsheet I can download that is ready to use? thanks for your time Steve

Re: Speed Ratings ive tried weight adjusted and no weight adjusted and found the non weight adjusted actually more accurate .........if you start trying to adjust ratings for weight off or on you start to go into the realms of conjecture .........and you cant make a horse go any faster than it can by taking a stone off .......some horses just have their limits ...............you can slow a horse down though so I do make nots by horses that are carrying a lot more racing weight and use that in your final choice ............i.e if you have two horses similary rated and one has 12lbs more today youd obviously pick the lighter one ............if you do decide to weight adjust you have to remember its 3.8 lbs to 1 length at 5f ranging to 2lb per length at 1 mile......there are different ways and methods to compile your own ratings and none are easy ..........here is one article on the subject http://www.theukbettingforum.co.uk/XenForo/threads/compiling-speed-figures.497/

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.