Jump Racing Tuesday 11th March

4.00 Cheltenham Quevega 4/5 Bet365 BOG Going for 6 in a row here and comes here again after a long absence as she always does. Even at 10 years of age I feel she is still unbeatable unless she is abducted by aliens half way through the race. One for the serious 10 a year punters! 10 Points win Quevega 4/5 Bet365 BOG 2.05 Cheltenham Champagne Fever 10-3 Bet365 BOG As with last year Champagne Fever comes here off the back of a disappointing loss where a bad mistake at the second last cost him. Trifolium and Dodging Bullets have looked good this season but I am of the view that provided the Mullins grey jumps well. we wins as no other horse can match his victory here last year over My Tent Or Yours. 10 Points win Champagne Fever 10/3 Bet365 BOG 4.40 Cheltenham Shutthefrontdoor 7/2 Paddy Power BOG I must admit that I thought Holywell would win this so with Shutthefrontdoor representing O' Neill I will have to jump ship. He has the form but since his last run he has undergone a wind operation which will surely benefit him here as he clearly didnt get home lto. He has the class to win too. I would not have Foxrock on this ground but if jumping around, Rogue Angel might be the biggest danger. 10 Points win Shutthefrontdoor 7/2 Paddy Power BOG Champion Hurdle I have narrowed it down to The New One, Hurricane Fly and Our Conor. I have a slight preference for Our Conor but am not too enamored by his jockey. Therefore I will pass. The New One would be my second choice. The Supreme Irving has won all of his starts and with the stable flying he won't be a pushover. However for me he remains unproven as I question what he has beaten until now? Vautour jumps well and handles the ground. He would be my pick. I do not give the other Mullins horses any chance especially Wicklow Brave who took advantage of a sick Hughes horse at Punchestown lto and in effect beat nothing. There are other horses with potential including Henderson's 2 and for that reason I'll sit it out. 3.10 Cheltenham As Holywell was my fancy for the 4m race I have to give him some kind of chance here. My own opinion is that he needs further even though he has won over this distance and shorter. Unlike the 4m race which is not that competitive, this one is and McCoy riding Alfie Sherrin is enough to put me off backing Holywell today. That said, I would expect him to be in the frame at least. Good luck to you all!

Re: Jump Racing Tuesday 11th March 1.30 - 2pts win Vautour @ 4/1 (Bet365) Looks a class act and well worth his place towards the head of the market. Has thrived since joining Willie Mullins and has barely put a foot wrong yet. So far has been an assured jumper who has a good cruising speed and can knuckle down/find off the bridle which is likely to be crucial in this race. Form has substance too having seen off The Tullow Tank readily last time out without having to really get down to business and showed his battling qualities when beating Western Boy narrowly two starts back. The test should suit and the way he moves gives me no concern over the quicker ground. His form stacks up, he jumps well, travels well and finds off the bridle so fingers crossed can give us a good start to the week. 2.05 - 2pts win Rock on Ruby @ 11/2 (Bet365) Seems a big price to me for a horse who is a champion hurdler and stays that little bit further which can be crucial at Cheltenham. Hasn't done much wrong over fences either, cruising home at Plumpton where the winning margin doesn't tell the story and then beating the enigmatic Mr Mole when last seen. Although it's hard to really judge him on beating two rivals he ought to be beating, he's jumped soundly so far and the track here and ground suit him well. The jockeys will surely not give Ruby Walsh too much rope on Champagne Fever and if they go a good gallop I think it will really suit Paul Nicholls' charge and at 11/2 looks a very fair price for such a classy animal. 2.40 - 1pt win Time For Rupert @ 14/1 (Bet365) My favourite horse in training looked to have little chance of any Cheltenham glory before running at Doncaster last time out. I wouldn't get too carried away by his second in a veteran's chase but showed much more in the cheekpieces - holding his position, jumping pretty soundly and keeping on - in comparison to previous efforts recently. Hopefully he can get into a rhythm today at a track he likes and the better ground should help him jump. My concern would be whether he gets outpaced as he can hit a flat spot and that could be very detrimental in the hustle and bustle of such a race. Normally I might allow him to be a watching brief but he showed enough last time and conditions are suitable so he's worth chancing off a mark he's thrown in off on his best form. This is especially the case as those saddling the lower weights do well in this so fingers crossed he can give his true running back at the Gloucestershire venue. 4.40 - 2pts win Foxrock @ 9/2 (VC) Has been running big races over three miles over in Ireland, albeit on softer ground, but showed plenty of stamina reserves in the process and looks an ideal candidate stepping up to four miles on track evidence and pedigree. His form also stacks up well, beating subsequent and previous winners and is therefore in the first few on figures here too. He jumps well in the main and this trip can unlock a bit more I fancy, based on his rallying success when last seen (3m, heavy). There's plenty of stamina on both sides of his pedigree and has won on a sounder surface too. Consistent and hard to see him out of the frame in my eyes. 5.15 - 1pt win Manyriverstocross @ 10/1 (Hills) Tricky race but things seem to be coming right for Alan King's charge - whose horses have been running pretty well of late. A multi-talented horse who runs on the flat and over both hurdles and fences has run well at Cheltenham on several occasions in the past (did well to finish 7th in the Neptune after being badly hampered) before being third in both the Greatwood Hurdle and the Coral Cup. He's 3lbs higher than when managing that last year and there's evidence to suggest he's capable of proving to be a bit better over the larger obstacles. Jumped well to beat Claret Cloak on debut (a decent yardstick around the 140 mark) before flopping in the very hot Henry VIII chase which can be forgiven. Bounced right back when chasing home Oscar Whiskey - a very tough task - when last seen and has now been prepped for this. Looks off a fair mark on that novice form, handles the ground and the track well so I'm confident if jumping with fluency that he'll go well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.