Flat Racing - Sat 8th March

Re: Flat Racing - Sat 8th March 14.55 Wolves - Postscript e/w @ 33/1 Stan James A bit of a ballpark pick here, but I think a lot of these represent poor value here. Alfred Hutchinson - Looked excellent over 7f, but I think that's his best trip really. I think 1 mile off a mark of 100 is slightly too much. Fashion Line - Will be better over further, poor draw Strictly Silver - Better over further Sky Khan - Better over further Tres Coronas - Better over further Whispering Warrior - Interesting over 1 mile, not sure he represents much value though. With all that in mind, I think the longshot that is very interesting is David Simcock's Postscript. David Simcock's record with horses coming back after a break is quite decent and notably this horse is entered in the Lincoln at Donny in a few weeks time. However, off his current rating of 89 it looks as if he will likely just miss out (90 has been the cut mark recently), therefore this horse really needs to run a decent race today to get in to the race. While that is certainly not reason enough to back him, he is well suited by this trip unlike some of the opposition and is well drawn in 5. He's run speed ratings in the past that suggests he can win off a rating of 89, and indeed he won off 87 at Chepstow last year. Combine that with Harley's 2/3 for Simcock at Wolverhampton, I think there are plenty of positives for this horse which make the 33/1 on offer look ludicrous.