NBA Friday

New Orleans +11.5 League: 17-3 (Av. loss 5.3) away 10+ dog, 3+ days off any ats win as any home dog. [NO] NO are 23-12 ats away this season, 15-8 v. >.500 teams, 7-1 when the total b/w 185-190. HOuston won 89-81 first meeting at home this season, and that was without McGloire. GS -3.5 League: 8-21-1 (Av. loss 5.5) home 4- dog, 1 day off 10- ats loss as home 5+ dog. [utah] Utah: 6-19 this season after a loss of 10+. 0-7 after 3 or more straight home games, and 1-10 as a dog of 4.5 or less!!! Two teams definately heading in different directions. Denver were flat for 3 quarters and still ended up winning easily @ Utah yesterday. I'm not expecting the Warriors to give them one minutes rest.

Re: NBA Friday I didn't try to convince you. I just mentioned that one as a possible upset. And you probably didn't understand what i mean't by saying 'i'm not alone in the world' I was actually glad to see someone else pick GS, because in the last month or so i felt like i was the only one backing them. Cheers.

Re: NBA Friday

it's rather stupid but even without results of today's games Im going to place a bet on Portland - DENVER 2 and SANANTONIO - Lakers 1. 1.5 x 1.5
You got the first bit right. :unsure Portland play Seattle, Denver play SA and LA, they've got the solarium booked for the day. More than slightly confused. btw, it's not great form to come in here ranting about picking a winner over someone else, and then in the next post asking their advice, is it? :\

Re: NBA Friday Golden State over Utah (+4) @1.952 (www.pinnaclesports.com) A streak of 18 straight home wins against Warriors is on the line tonight for the lowly Utah Jazz. And like most their streaks did in past two seasons, this one will probably end tonight. A lot has been said about teams that have nothing to play for, well there's no better example than Utah. The brightest spot of their season was on November 8th, when they defeated Denver and went 6-2, hoping whey could be the team to beat this season. That was almost 5 months ago, but it seems more like 5 years if you're a Jazz fan. Ever since Kirilenko went down with his knee injury on November 27th at San Antonio it's been one nightmare after another for Utah. Right now i don't think even Jerry Sloan cares about remaining games. And if he doesn't, well, who does? If a group of players that includes guys like Harpring, Giricek, Okur (their top 3 at the moment) and Borchardt, Humphries, Handlogten (great names for a spelling competition) manages to defeat any team except for Milwaukee or Atlanta that would be a huge upset in my opinion. And they're not going against a miserable team tonight. Just ask all those teams Warriors defeated since B Diddy came back to Cali. And to say it for the 10th time, they're not just winning, they are also having a lot of fun playing the game, and they couldn't care less about missing the playoffs this year. Even Mikael 'Euro Jordan' Pietrus started scoring a lot. J-Rich, Davis, Pietrus trio averaged 63.75 ppg over last 4, that is really impressive. And there are those Fisher's long bombs, Murphy's energy, Foyle's interior presence on defense, hustle plays of Dunleavy Jr, Chabarkapa and Biedrins. They'll jump at Utah right away, and simply try to win by scoring more points than Jazz. And if you just have a look at how much (or how little) Utah has been scoring in March, you'll see Warriors should have no problems outscoring the Jazz. 87.3 ppg in 15 games they played, that's 6.4 points bellow their season average of 93.7 (22nd in NBA). While Utah struggled to score (and do anything positive) in March, Golden State has been scoring a lot, failing to top Utah's March average just once (83-101 L at Indiana). This game is really like Snoop's 'Drop It Like It's Hot' vs. Vanilla Ice's 'Ice, Ice Baby' and i know which one of these two i prefer on my Winamp playlist. Key Factor: Season officially ends in 20 days for both Warriors and Jazz, but Utah wouldn't mind if it ended today (or a couple of weeks ago).

Re: NBA Friday Greeting BB fans. I'm afraid I don't frequent this particular part of PL yet - but I'd like to get into basketball betting. I would especially welcome if you could drop any useful info on this - as I've been searching on internet but found what I want yet. Question is - where can I find an archive odds/lines for past basketball games? Is there a free site that has all this, or failing that, a paid service? Thanks in advance guys - and good luck with all your selections.

Re: NBA Friday Hi Bozzers, Thanks for quick response - that's certainly a great site.:ok But unless I'm missing the obvious, it doesn't quite have what I'm looking for. I can see it has all the present odds lines - but I was looking for an archive of past odds lines - going back a few years. I've had a fair search on the internet, yet found nothing so far - but this data must be available, surely!! Cheers,

Re: NBA Friday Sani, i think your proably right on GS tonight. But you really do give the impression that your blind to whatevr the spread is in their games.....you just want to tip them anyway. Take those glasses off mate, they're blinding you. GS are an improved team but the spreads are now recognising this. And they're not that good.

Re: NBA Friday

Sani, i think your proably right on GS tonight. But you really do give the impression that your blind to whatevr the spread is in their games.....you just want to tip them anyway. Take those glasses off mate, they're blinding you. GS are an improved team but the spreads are now recognising this. And they're not that good.
I actually usually take them straight up in games when they are underdogs. And i think 4 points against Utah is not too much. I believe they (GS) are better than atleast 20 teams in the NBA right now. You really think i just tip GS not because i think they can win but because i simply want to pick them? I don't want to insult you but i really don't remember hearing anything as stupid as that in a long time. Sorry. My GS stats: 3/3 straight up (2 home games, on them when they were dogs in one and against them when they were dogs in the other; 1 away game on them when they were dogs) 3/4 ATS for them to cover (1/1 as favourites; 2/3 as dogs) 0/1 ATS against them (my first pick ever, at Washington)

Re: NBA Friday Well no offense to you Sani, but you don't really think GS are one of the best 10 teams in the NBA. Now that is ridiculous. Example of your blind faith was last Friday. I didn't think GS were a great bet at -6.5 v Milwaukee. Fair enough you did, but for you to say that you'd still back em at -9.5 shows just how blind you are to the actual numbers posted on them. To say they were 10 point favs in that game was ridiculous. They're a decent team but far from a great team. And if you read my post i did agree with you that they were a decent pick tonight at the opening spread. (Just not at any spread thats posted.) PS good luck tonight.:D .

Re: NBA Friday Teams definitely better than GS at this point (CURRENT FORM): Phoenix San Antonio (even without Duncan) Seattle Dallas Houston Denver Miami Detroit They can play with any other team in the league, i am 100% sure of that. Maybe there are 1-2 more teams just slightly better, but that gives you 10. And that home game vs. Milwaukee i still think they should've taken it by more than 10 points. They just beat them by 6 in Milwaukee, or maybe that was all luck and no quality?

Re: NBA Friday And one more thing oldbigead. It could be that i really am blind (like you keep saying), but how far do i have to time-travel to find your last good pick? You had Seattle ML against San Antonio (but you pulled that off when you found out Lewis wasn't playing) and you had Phoenix over Miami (and that game turned out to be Miami ALL OVER Phoenix). So please, just stop the criticizing everybody and try to make some picks yourself. It's not that difficult really. But you have to try it.

Re: NBA Friday That was a completely different matchup. Milwaukee only has two scorers, one of them; Mason was out injured. Big difference, completely different matchup especially considering he scored over 30 in the first meeting. So no not luck just a different set of circumstances; comparing the two results is like comparing chalk and cheese. Infact in the first meeting they were VERY lucky to win. And that's with a full roster against a team who were 0-13 on the road against the west. And yea ALL the teams you mentioned are better than GS + Memphis for sure, and after that there are probably another 4/5 who are probably at least a shade better. They're a decent team, but a middle of the pack team maybe 15th best in the league, but it would be very difficult to make a strong case that they were any better than that.

Re: NBA Friday Sani, i put up my opinions on quite a few games, just not everyday thats all. I find it very hard to believe that there is a great pick to be had everyday. I didn't pick Seattle over San Antonio; i did however point out that if Lewis played then they would be a good bet(at the price). Which at nearly 5/2 they would've been. When he wasn't playing i left it alone. I did pick Phoenix over Miami. And they did get beat fairly comfortably in the end. However this was an against the odds moneyline pick, at odds of 2/1 or better this is a good bet. If you don't understand the concept of this then you won't make much money in the long run. This bet only has to win 34% of the time for you to be in profit and i thought that with the style Phoenix play on the road, that they had a better chance than that. I have to say that your picks on the whole for the last month have been fantastic. I'm obviously not keeping exact records but i get the impression that your winning 60% or so against the spread. This is very difficult to do so hats off to you. You obviously clearly know your basketball inside out as well, which certainly helps. But even so i think it's virtually impossible to keep hitting above 60% against the spread if your picking 10-15 games a week. Thats all i'm saying, its just my opinion. I guess i do criticise, but it's not meant to be nasty criticism. If you read back it's never i told you so type criticism, it's more construtive criticism, explaining why i do or more often than not don't agree with something. I could put a pick up everyday but to be honest i don't think i'd get much more than 50% right, so whats the use of that. My mum could pick two games against the spread everyday and she'd probably hit approx 50%. What's the use in that. And the thing with GS is just that i know how easy it is to get fixed on one team to the point where it affects your judgement. It's good to take a step back sometimes, i was just encouraging you to do that. PS the Jazz really do stink though.

Re: NBA Friday Where's the love, lads? :D oldbigead, I've got absolutely no problems at all with your opinions, and picking only 1-2 games a week (if that) is perfectly fine aswell... ...but you just have to realise that your way of betting isn't 'right', and that everyone elses is 'wrong'. You like to win every game you bet on. Great. You pick your spots carefully and load up on it. Yes, picking games at above 60% is tough, but Sani is achieving it. I'm quite happy to take the odd loss, but I have confidence in the %'s that I will win more than I lose. Everyone here has a different method/theory, and everyone is doing quite well for themselves. Been a bit too much tension here lately, from everyone. Can't we keep our discussions on the topic at hand (basketball!), and not keep straying onto methods and such? Thanks, and good luck everyone.