CPO's Horse Racing Thread

Been here plenty of times before so I won't bore you with the details but I am a few months away from finishing University now and have my first child just weeks away so I thought why not start up a betting thread! You may see this is the worst possible time to start a thread but I feel that I am going to have plenty of late nights where I am up and have plenty of time to look at the next days racing...or so I think. Also in between studying time when I need to take my mind away from equations and chemistry hopefully I will be able to bag myself a couple of winners! Usual 100pt starting bank with bets ranging from 1-5pts. I thought with the racing carnival coming to end soon, Cheltenham just a week away and the flat season just around the corner, probably as good time as any to start this. That being said I may think differently at the end of next week! :loon

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CPO's Horse Racing Thread 4.00 Lingfield – Steelriver 1pt win @ 6/1 Boylesports Going to ease my way back into this own thread lark with a small bet on the James Bethell trained Steelriver. This horse has had 11 career starts resulting in just 1 win, which came at Kempton on his second start. Since that win he has been very disappointing and has never troubled the judge apart from last time out. That was his first run over this trip of 10f and it was his first start back from a short break. Connections clearly thought he was ready to go as he was backed off the boards that day into 13/8 favourite and was only narrowly denied by Ocean Applause. He is up 2lbs for that effort, which is worry but he should come on for that run and I am hopeful the sharper finish at Lingfield will be more to his liking. This is a more competitive race but the trainer’s horses are in form and Graham Lee takes over from Jamie Spencer. Graham Lee has had 5 winners in the last couple of weeks operating at a 38% strike rate. James Bethell does very well with the few runners he sends to Lingfield with 2 winners from 10 runners. 6.30 Kempton – Shavansky 1pt win @ 6/1 PaddyPower I really like the chances of Shavansky in this even though he is effectively 6lbs higher here taking into account the jockeys claim last time out. A repeat of his latest run at Lingfield would surely see him go close, as he would have won with a clear run. He split Indian Jack and Moonday Sun that day but he is much more at home at this track with 3 of his all weather wins coming here. In fact his last 3 wins have all come at Kempton over various trips. Rod Millman had a winner yesterday with Masai Moon and he shows a huge level stakes profit at this track of +£57. Andrea Atzeni is also in fine form at the moment with 7 winners from 28 runners. Shavansky is a 10 year old now but he has shown recently that he still retains plenty of ability. His last win came only in November last year and his last 3 runs have all been very encouraging. All 3 runs have come at Lingfield, so I am hoping a return to Kempton might just bring about the little extra to enable him to get his head in front. This is a good race but Shavansky likes it here and should run well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.