** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series NZ 128 for 5 with Flemming back in the shed retired hurt. watching over the net so dont know if hell b back or not. Assuming not, then with a lead of 191 and effectively 6 down and 66 overs remaining, SL definately in with a chance. Light could b a factor later on but the SL batsmen will make that call so... $7 on NZ tab worth a shot for me. Only need one more wicket and they r into the tail. small stakes SL win $7

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series Lunch with NZ 148/7 lead of 211 with 62 overs remaining. First10 overs after lunch will be the KEY, and of course if Flemming will bat!? Keep me posted on that 1 Taza. Cheers mate. Its his finger aye!? Odds on NZ TAB.... Bugger theyve been withdrawn for the moment.

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series Odds : SL $6 NZ $20 Draw $1.12 Unless Im missing something with the weather, we could be looking at a run chase of possibliy 230 to 250 with 50 or so overs. to me thats value @ $6 Any news on weather, and Flemming Taza??

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series Weather looks fine, rowdy. Yep. Flemming's finger....very uncomfortable apparently. Bottom hand. Will bat, but won't be very effective I wouldn't think. I can't get any live odds, or I'd have a tickle on the Sri Lankan's too. :@

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series Obviously this partnership is the Key. Flemming in now. Break this one and I think SLs have got a good shot at it. Currently 224 run lead 55 overs left. lookin like NZ will save it.

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series Vincent was 'caught', but didn't walk, and was given not out. Very tough to tell on tv if he was out or not....Bloody annoying tho! I want Sri Lanka to have a decent chance at it, purely for entertainment now! :D

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series Reading through the reports, NZ were a bit lucky here, Fleming batted at the tail after damaging his hand whilst fielding & his 41 kept them afloat, stretching the lead from a sloggable 200 up to 300, & using up an invaluable 90 minutes. 2nd Test. Basin Reserve, Wellington. (starts sunday 2330 BST) Overall Test record: 43m, won batting first - 6, batting second - 19, drawn - 18. NZ record: 43m, won - 11, lost - 18, drawn - 14. NZ won toss & batted - 14 (won 0, lost 9) NZ won toss & fielded - 7 (won 4, lost 0) Avg runs per wkt - 31.86 Breakdown of: 1) 32.7 2) 34.8 3) 27.1 4) 32.5 Recent Tests: 2004/5. AUS 570-8. (140) NZ 244 (81.1) & 48-3. Drawn (saved by the weather) 2003/4. NZ 297 (104) & 252 (96.2). SA 316 (99.5) & 234-4 (72.2). SA won by 6 wkts 2003/4. NZ 366 (142) & 103 (53). PAK 196 (90) & 277-3 (74.5). PAK won by 7 wkts. 2002/3. IND 161 (58.4) & 121 (38.1). NZ 247 (91.1) & 36-0 (9.3). NZ won by 10 wkts Previous Meetings: 1990/1. NZ 174 (58.2) & 671-4 (220.3) :eek SL 497 (151.1) Drawn 1982/3. SL 240 (100.5) & 93 (53). NZ 201 (72.2) & 134-4 (37.1) NZ won by 6 wkts HS on ground: 671-4 NZ v SL 1990/1. There have been 9 scores over 500 (5xNZ) There have been 5 scores under 100, the last one in 1982/3. Notable Personal Records: Astle 10m, 650r, hs141, avg 50.00, 1x100 Fleming 13m, 557r, hs67, avg 25.31 Vettori 12m, 31wkts @ 43.8 It'll be interesting to see the odds on this on sunday as the NZ authorities have come under stick for green wickets recently which is why the Napier track was a belter. Rain was forecast for friday & saturday going into the match, so the pitch will be under covers for a certain amount of the time. Excepting Australias massive 570-8 2 weeks ago, 300-350 seems a good score here, & I expect that this will be more of a result wicket than Napier. There is a strong record of sides winning by batting second here, strong enough for there to be something in the stats, surely. From what Ive seen the weather throughout the match seems ok, & the fact that this is deep into the NZ autumn relatively meaningless apparently. I thought NZ would be favourites for this, & they will probably start as favourites, but that was when I thought that Vettori would return, & he is now not playing. Also Fleming batted down with the dead men to save NZ as he had a hand injury, & there is only 2 days between tests & no news on the injury yet, but if Fleming doesnt make it that is surely massive for SL. SL finished the first test the stronger, they were positive on the last day when NZ were happy for the game to peter out, & in Malinga they had the match's best bowler, looking dangerous throughout. If Vaas can relive a bit of youth & Malinga continue where he left off I really fancy SL here, especially if it is more of a result wicket.

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series Is this pitch as bad as the SLs are batting on it?? 86/7 at the moment. Taking Vaas for mast wickets in the match @ $3.5. (for SL) Know that Malinga bowled very well in the last test but Vaas can preform on his day, and with the pitch like it is.... Well could be a 50 / 50 call. $3.50 seems to be a bit f an overaction to the 1st test figures

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series SL all out for 211, seems like a pretty good recovery after their early struggles. With the way NZ have been with the bat recently Im happy to take the $7 on offer for the SL, hope for a few wickets early and then back the Kiwis later to cover. Also taking Flemming @ $5 for highest 1st innings score. Seems like there could b a couple early wickets, and even though Flemmings not been in great touch recently, hes still the best batsmen in the NZ side.

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series

Bad light again and they go off with NZ at 253/4 Vincetn 79* and Flemming 60* Lead of 42. Vaas taken all 4 wickets. Doubt theyll come back on again today.
You were correct to be doubtful. End of day 2 NZ 253-4. 42 ahead.(100 run parternership currently between Vincent & Fleming) Prices avail: NZ 1.33 SL 9.0 Draw 4.0

Re: New Zealand V Sri Lanka Test Series New Zealand won by an innings and 38 runs. New Zealand wins the 2-Test series 1-0. Not a profitable series for me, but good on the Kiwis for backing up after a tough series against the OZs and taking out this one!!