** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th

Aidymac

Ascot 3:50 - Betfair Ascot Chase (Grade 1) It will be interesting to see how Hunt Ball runs after several months in the United States of America and the much loved horse is now trained by Nicky Henderson. I will be surprised if the master trained can't get a tune out of him eventually and although tomorrow might not be his day he is certainly a horse to keep a close eye on. Riverside Theatre is a talented horse, no question, but he is not a horse I can place much faith in as he spends most of his races off the bridle. He should be staying on well late in the day though so if he stays in contention he has to have a chance. The clear value in the race for me though is the Paul Nicholls trained Rolling Aces who has a lot of potential and hopefully he can give Captain Chris something to think about. Rolling Aces - 2 Points WIN @ 7/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/betfair-ascot-chase-betting-rolling-aces-can-put-it-up-to-captain-chris

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th Haydock 2:55 - Betfred Grand National Trial (Handicap Chase) (Grade 3) Across The Bay is likely to go well for Donald McCain and Jason Maguire but in the end the weight might just catch him out. There has been some market support for the Jonjo O'Neill trained Merry King but in my opinion he has to improve to turn the form around with Wychwoods Brook but you cannot rule out anything Tony McCoy rides. The David Pipe trained Our Father looks an interesting contender but he could have stamina concerns over this trip. The Paul Nicholls trained Hawkes Point is lightly raced over fences but he looks too short in the market for me. All in all I think the value is with the improving Wychwoods Brook who will relish the trip and conditions. Wychwoods Brook - 2 Points WIN @ 8/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/betfred-grand-national-trial-wychwoods-brook-is-going-in-the-right-direction

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th Ascot 2:05 - Rsa Trial Novices' Chase (Reynoldstown) (Grade 2) The Oliver Sherwood trained Many Clouds has to be respected here after a 16 length win at Wetherby last time out. The gelding also beat Knock A Hand at Carlisle back in November and Knock A Hand has gone on to win since. David Pipe is always a trained to watch out for the RSA Chase and his gelding Gevrey Chambertin won a tough Grade 3 handicap fixed brush hurdle at Haydock back in November. This is his first official start over fences and this solid jumper also looks likely to be in the mix. The value in the race for me though has to be Third Intention as he has been competing in a Grade 1 lately so this is a drop in class. He is a strong traveller so if it turns into a sprint finish he could have a big chance. Third Intention - 1 Point WIN @ 11/1 Bet Victor Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/ascot-rsa-chase-trial-third-intention-has-the-ability-to-spring-a-surprise

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th Haydock 2:20 - Betfred Mobile Hurdle (Rendlesham) (Grade 2) The Henry Daly trained 6 year old gelding Mickie is likely to be amongst the places once more tomorrow with Jake Greenall on board. He finished a good 3rd to Highland Retreat in a Grade 2 at Ascot last month but the fact he went off the 15/8 favourite that day clearly means connections think a lot of him. There has been quite a lot of money for the Sandy Thomson trained Seeyouatmidnight who is 2/2 under rules and he looked very impressive when landing an Albert Bartlett trial by 9 lengths at Musselburgh last time out. Celestial Halo is the class horse in the race and if he is at his best he will win this but I am going for an each-way bet on Lienosus who took a big step in the right direction last time out and can put in a bold show. Lienosus - 1 Point each-way @ 12/1 Ladbrokes Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/haydock-rendlesham-hurdle-lienosus-can-take-a-big-forward-step

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th 3.35 Wincanton Zarkandar 7/4 SkyBet BOG A 2 horse race in which the bookmakers have overestimated one of them and massively underestimated another. Melodic Rendezvous loves heavy ground and has won around here, however in my opinion he has to go some way to match the form of Zarkandar who is 2/2 here and has also won on heavy. Winner of this and the international last year at Cheltenham, he finished 4th in the Champion. His defeats this year have been to Annie Power (twice) and The New One. Melodic Rendezvous would not have done any better against those 2. So based on what they have both achieved, the Nicholls beast should be favourite and will win! 10 Points win Zarkandar 7/4 SkyBet BOG 1.30 Ascot Un Temps Pour Tout 11/10 Boylesports BOG Pipe always has a few winners this weekend every year and I expect Un Temps Pour Tour to improve massively for his first run in the UK where he finished 2nd to Zamdy Man at Haydock when favourite. The others are useful but this horse should have too many guns for them here especially after his good run against Ptit Zig in France. In addition Pipe's horses were not really firing when he was beaten at Haydock. Again with Cheltenham on the horizon, expect him to be spot on here. 10 Points win Un Temps Pour Tout 11/10 Boylesports BOG 2.05 Ascot Gevrey Chambertin 5/2 Bet365 BOG Quite a race here with several promising chasers on display. Gevrey Chambertin makes his debut over fences here and will have to win to merit going to Cheltenham. He has the size and scope to make a chaser and has won over the fixed brush hurdles at Haydock, loves the ground and Pipe does well at this meeting. 10 Points win Gevrey Chambertin 5/2 Bet365 BOG Would also be mega interested in No Dice in the bumper at Ascot but with no prices available I will decide nearer the race! Bog Warrior for me in the 2.25 Gowran but as he is fto and with the trainer not to be trusted I am having no bet. 4.10 Gowran Florishwells Dete SP I don't know how good or bad she is but the opposition is poor and having had the pace to win over 11f on the flat in france should win this if she can jump at all. 10 Points win Florishwells Dete SP

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th Haydock 4:05 - Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle (Prestige) (Grade 2) It may look odd that I have now backed three Evan Williams horses at Haydock tomorrow but it is pure coincidence. They just happen to all be the value bets in their respective races according to my own tissues so clearly if Evan has a good day tomorrow I will have a good day and vice versa. I don't think this horse should be 14/1 to land this race as although he is stepping up in class massively he really did win in very commanding fashion last time out. So many times we see these unexposed improving types hop in to pattern races and they are nearly always under-estimated by the bookies which is good for the value hunters. Copper Birch - 1 Point each-way @ 14/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/haydock-prestige-hurdle-it-could-be-a-good-day-for-the-evan-williams-yard

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th 2:05 Ascot – RSA Trial Novices’ Chase Some good horses have won this in the past and MANY CLOUDS is fancied to join the roll of honour. Proven in heavy ground, he looked good on his chase debut, easily beating Knock A Hand who won at Leicester yesterday, prior to running well behind Black Thunder ay Haydock. Last time out he easily beat Indian Castle at Wetherby who went on to win well at Cheltenham, so the form looks solid. O’Faolains Boy is an interesting opponent as he looked a natural on his chasing debut at Ascot, finishing second to the useful Easter Day and this step up in trip looks sure to suit. He ran badly last time, but his stable was out of form at the time and Rebecca Curtis has her string in much better form now. As a result he may go off at a fair price and interests me with a view to doing a reverse forecast with Many Clouds . 3:35 Wincanton – Bathwick Tyres Kingwell Hurdle ZARKANDAR faces a stiff opponent in Melodic Rendezvous, but with blinkers back on; I can see him being hard to beat. He has class form to his name and impressed on heavy ground in this race last year. He has a 100% record at the track, having also impressed when winning the Elite Hurdle and is rated eight pounds superior to his main market rival. He has finished second all three starts this season, but the horses that beat him were Annie Power and The New One who are both class acts, so he should find things easier here. 3:50 Ascot – Betfair Ascot Chase CAPTAIN CHRIS has a great record going right-handed and handles testing ground well, so has plenty in his favour. In his two runs at Ascot, he won easily on heavy ground in a Grade Two contest prior to running well behind Cue Card in this last year, where baring a bad mistake, he would have finished close up to a very talented horse that has done so well since. Last time out he really impressed on soft ground at Kempton, so comes in to the race in good form and should be hard to beat. The main danger is Riverside Theatre who beat the selection at Huntingdon earlier this season, but he received ten pounds that day and has always gone well fresh, whereas Captain Chris has improved for the run. He too loves Ascot, but heavy ground is much more of a concern for him as he has gone so well on good ground in the past. Rolling Aces however put up a strong performance on soft ground at Down Royal earlier this season and is improving. I feel the race will suit him and I can see him following Captain Chris home so the straight forecast of Captain Chris to beat Rolling Aces makes plenty of appeal to me.

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th Gowran Park 2:25 - Red Mills Chase (Grade 2) It is hard to fancy Argocat on some of his recent displays but the inconsistent 6 year old has plenty of ability, however he is just not one to trust. Rathlin looks a bit out of his depth here at the moment as he was beat 28 lengths when last seen in a Grade 2 at Punchestown. He did beat Hidden Cyclone by 6 lengths at the Galway Festival last year though and a reproduction of that would see him run very well here. I think Turban is the favourite here merely because Willie Mullins trains him and although he could improve again he is going to have to if he is going to land this race. The race for me is between Bog Warrior and Aupcharlie but I am going to back Aupcharlie to get back to winning ways after a break. Aupcharlie - 3 Points WIN @ 4/1 Paddy Power Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/gowran-park-red-mills-chase-aupcharlie-to-land-this-if-fit-from-a-break

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th Haydock 2.20 Celestial Halo Evens Is to me on Ratings above all and also i think goes well on Heavy Ground like the action of the horse and is anyways on OR way above. Dont quite know why its 2,0 on a flat track. Ascot 3.50 Placelay Rolling Aces Evens 3 Places I think this horse doesnt like Heavy- Soft Ground from his action and has in Riverside Theatre, Captain Chris Cloudy Too and Hunt Ball 4 who move better on the surface in my view. 2.45 Haydock Lay Hawk High 5/1 The 2 market leaders are two very powerful heavy ground horses. Handiwork who he battled vs Royal Skies was already good, but Aurore Destruval going away LTO vs good rivals who coped with the ground well was just too impressive. Hawk High hasnt got the action to be on line with these two in my view at all. 2.30 Wincanton Eleven Fifty Nine 7/1 Being a listed animal staying on nicely vs Call Me a Star and She Ranks me over 17f in Newbury and Uttoxeter showing signs of being a stayer on Soft ground and then entered in two satying contests LTO over wrong ground in my view now racing first time on Heavy and good trip, this is a small horse with good Heavy action one that should stay and stay and sneak in if others cant anymore.

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th

Ascot 2:05 - Rsa Trial Novices' Chase (Reynoldstown) (Grade 2) The Oliver Sherwood trained Many Clouds has to be respected here after a 16 length win at Wetherby last time out. The gelding also beat Knock A Hand at Carlisle back in November and Knock A Hand has gone on to win since. David Pipe is always a trained to watch out for the RSA Chase and his gelding Gevrey Chambertin won a tough Grade 3 handicap fixed brush hurdle at Haydock back in November. This is his first official start over fences and this solid jumper also looks likely to be in the mix. The value in the race for me though has to be Third Intention as he has been competing in a Grade 1 lately so this is a drop in class. He is a strong traveller so if it turns into a sprint finish he could have a big chance. Third Intention - 1 Point WIN @ 11/1 Bet Victor Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/ascot-rsa-chase-trial-third-intention-has-the-ability-to-spring-a-surprise
Third Intention is out to 20/1 now, any reason for this as far as you know?

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th

Third Intention is out to 20/1 now' date=' any reason for this as far as you know?[/quote'] Yes Beaker is right, it is the stamina concerns on this ground. However, the horse is down in grade, and lets not forget he did finish 2nd to Dynaste over 3m1f at Aintree last year, albeit the ground was a bit better than it is today. He is not the most likely winner, but I don't bet that way, I am all about price and you could do worse than back him at 20/1 in my opinion, I was happy to back him at 11's. Market vibes are not good though which has to be of concern.

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th Don't fancy much on the football today so I'm looking for something to keep me interested although I'm fairly new to horse racing. I like the look of Merry King but your tip of Wychwoods Brook seems to be the better play based on price. He finished strongly last time out even with a few dodgy jumps beating Merry King so the longer distance could suit him although the latter also finished strongly which is something else to consider. Third Intention looks very interesting as well at that price. Think I'll have another look at those two races and make a choice. Thanks for tips. :ok

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 15th I backed O'Faolains Boy last time out at Haydock and had taken 25-1 for it in the RSA Ante Post before that race too. After that race I said I wouldn't even back it with a 0 added on those odds. Didn't back it today but read that it scoped badly after Haydock and Rebecca Curtis seems to rate it highly. I also backed Rigadin De Beauchene last season, left it alone today and left the race alone as a whole, typical that it goes and wins at 16-1 but that's racing isn't it? Disappointed with Gevrey Chambertin, expected that to go close today.