West Indies v South Africa

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: West Indies v South Africa I wasnt convinced about the Windies bowling David, but youve got to say, result here or not, that the shake up has had a desired effect, unbelievable stuff........ Wonder who'll be captain next week?? Oh, that 12/1, I went straight to the bookies page looking at footie, saw 12/1 in passing & just assumed still raining, otherwise I'd have been straight on here with it, I put the odds up all the time, I dont keep'em to myself :ok

Re: West Indies v South Africa 95-6 off 24.4.......jeez, theyre in the shite!! Hall gone, didnt look good, its slow & low, not really bad........Boucher still there on 22, Boje in now? Nel & Ntini & who else?.....Langeveldt, dont think he can bat, can he. Stan offering under 190 Evs now

Re: West Indies v South Africa Forgot all about Reon King. He was a top prospect years ago but just disappeared from the scene. Looking at his bowling stats you'd of thought he'd of figured more as the W Indies havent been inundated with top bowlers since Walsh & Ambrose left the scene. Bowling Overs414.1 Maid96 Runs1222 Wkts44 Ave27.77 Best Bowl5-51 1st test since Zim 2001!!

Re: West Indies v South Africa Hi, I'm not too keyed up on the game of cricket, however on Thursday I was on Coral and saw the West Indies at 8-1 to win this match...so I stuck a tenner on them, don't know why, just did. Anyhow, I keep checkin back and I am astounded how much the odds have changed (SA 100-1 !). BUT it is still lower odds for the match to be drawn, and I have no idea how you draw a game of cricket. Basically, how likely is it that the WI will win? Many thanks, Ryan

Re: West Indies v South Africa Well its more likely they'll win now than at any other stage in the game Ryan. W Indies cricket is in disarray, squabling behind the scenes, best players missing etc. For them to score 500+ and have SA 130-6 leaves them in a very strong position providing they can get an early wicket tomorrow. If they do that and bowl them out for say under 300 and put them in a second time then SA will have to bat like hereos to save the test. The main thing in Guyana is the weather, very unpredictable with plenty of rain and thunderstorms around. But i'd be happy to have your tenner at 8/1 at the moment!! Best price available for a WI win is 2/1 with Stan James & Paddy Power. The draw is still favourite at 1/3.

Re: West Indies v South Africa Scattered heavy thunderstorms for today, scattered thunderstorms tomorrow. Need some luck with it. If there is 1 & 1/2 days play out of the 2 then I fancy they can get a result, but they need to bowl SA out in 1 session from now, & have 3& 1/2 at them again. The thing is with the decent bats in the SA team they cant bat that badly again surely.......the draw is rightly favourite, but heres hoping.

Re: West Indies v South Africa 49-1 off 38. King got De Villiers. I stopped watching & missed the wicket, but the WIs were looking as though they couldnt knock the skin off a rice pudding at that stage........must be tired, & normally theyve got an extra quick, but they picked extra batting here. Max 2 hours tonight, plus tomorrow, weather permitting, fancy they need another couple tonight to feel good....

Re: West Indies v South Africa Only 100/1, which I thought was a touch stingy myself :lol Lights fading as well isnt it...... big push in the morning if the weather holds, then another push with a new ball.......SA cant afford to lose more than one in the first session though. Got a feeling that WI will miss this extra seamer in the end

Re: West Indies v South Africa Nearly lunch now though, if West Indies dont seperate these 2 within an hour after lunch, you can see the belief sliding out of them. Against that, as well as Boucher batted first time, I always feel hes one too high at 6.....