National Hunt Racing Sunday 9th February

1.15 Leopardstown Ivan Grozny Evs Boylesports BOG Ivan Grozny was caught on the line here by Plinth at Christmas but made amends in no uncertain terms a couple of weeks ago by bolting up at Naas. I expect him to reverse the form here. 10 Points win Ivan Grozny Evs Boylesports BOG 2.15 Leopardstown Vautour 7/4 Stan James BOG The Tullow Tank has done nothing wrong winning all 3 over hurdles this season beating a Mullins horse every time. Lto he accounted for Moyle Park. Vautour oozed class fto at Navan before scrambling home at Punchestown against Westerner Boy. I will be amazed if he doesnt put that last run behind him and prove himself to be the best in the novice hurdler division. In my opinion he should be odds on here. 10 Points win Vautour 7/4 Stan James BOG 3.50 Leopardstown Tidal Bay 3/1 Bet365 BOG Tidal Bay won the Lexus here last year having run second in the Hennessy. Ran very well in the Welsh National lto under a welter burden and a trip which didnt suit. I expect him to win this as First Lieutenant rarely wins, Last Installment is not fully fit and Lord Windermere has disappointed this season although I expect him to be second. To his credit Tidal Bay like Leopardstown and knows how to win, as does his trainer who does well with his chasers at Leopardstown. 10 Points win Tidal Bay 3/1 Bet365 BOG 4.20 Leopardstown Tammys Hill 5/1 Boylesports BOG Tammys Hill was beaten a neck in this last year by Salsify but improved throughout the season. Far too much has been read into his defeat at Down Royal by On The Fringe as he was not fully would up that day. At the price he is a free eachway bet anyway. On The Fringe never runs 2 races alike and cannot be trusted but there are other ex chasers in here to make it interesting, however Tammys Hill is still only 9, loves the ground and is proven in this sphere. 5 Points e/w Tammys Hill 5/1 Boylesports BOG 2.45 Leopardstown Ballycasey 13/8 BetVictor BOG Don Cossack looks a stayer and took ages to get past Carlingford Lough at Fairyhouse in early December in the Drinmore. Carlingford Lough won well here at the festival beating Morning Assembly. However it was hard not to be impressed by Ballycasey on his only run over fences so far. Running over a very inadequate 2m1f at Navan, he never touched a twig and traveled easily though the race before quickening clear to beat Mount Colah by 8lengths. If he jumps as well here, he will win. 10 Points win Ballycasey 13/8 BetVictor BOG

Re: National Hunt Racing Sunday 9th February Leopardstown 1:15 - Gala Retail Spring Juvenile Hurdle (Grade 1) After deliberating I think the clear value in the contest is the Aidan O'Brien trained Plinth and the fact he has acquired The Champ to ride the horse is clearly a signal that he means business. The Willie Mullins trained Ivan Grozny is a horse that also has a very bright future but Plinth just got the better of him over course and distance last time out and can hopefully do the same again tomorrow. Plinth - 5 Points WIN @ 9/4 Paddy Power Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/leopardstown-juvenile-hurdle-plinth-to-land-the-race-for-aidan-o-brien

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.