** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Virtual Racing and Numbers Games

A number of years ago I was in my local bookmakers one morning while the Rapido draws were being drawn, when I noticed a funny thing. The drawn that was running had 8 numbers still to draw but the COMPLETE results appeared on the teletext screen that was on in the corner. Hang on I said to myself so these draws aren't live and the animations shown on the main screen are not generated there and then but are prerecorded. I had no money on the draw so I did not say anything to the bookmakers staff at the time but also of course I never touched Rapido ever again. Well I was thinking aren't the virtual races and sports shown in bookmakers office and online just and extension of the same random number generator principal that Rapido uses. I therefore began to become suspicious as if Rapido was dodgy then so could these virtual games. I therefore asked my online bookmaker a number of questions about how the ran their victuals. They said the results are created by an RNG and that none of their staff know the results before hand. Ok I believed that. But I noted how carefully they said "they" didn't know the results beforehand so I started to wonder if they don't does anyone else. I asked about the involvement of third parties, such as those who create and provide the animations. You will note that voice used on the online virtual races is the same on different bookmakers websites. You will also note that the graphics for virtual races are nearly identical the logo of the bookmakers being the only difference. So who runs these races? Do these third parties that provided the virtual graphics etc know the results beforehand? Well I suspect that they have too know the results because they would have to ensure that the right animation is shown at the right time. Anyway I am just voicing my concern that these games are fixable that is if a third party is supplying a service to a bookmaker that is in their interest to make sure that that bookmaker makes a good profit therefore results could be manipulated. Well just wondering what people think.