NBA Sunday

Very bizarre the spurs-rockets game. I realise the question marks over Mcgrady make it difficult to call, but the pattern is still strange. Pinnacle have the line at -4. Ladbrokes are -2.5, yet it is the Rockets who have been suspended in betting with Ladbrokes; suggesting they've taken lots of bets on the rockets? Somebody is obviously betting Houston at an inferior spread and at an inferior price? I don't get it. For what it's worth Mcgrady will probably play so whoever it is might have an ok bet by tipoff. But just seemed strange that they'd bet at an inferior price and spread? And they must have bet quite alot for Ladbrokes to suspend both the outright and handicap markets.

Re: NBA Sunday Philadelphia over LA Lakers (-2.5) @ 1.91 (www.betroyal.com) Lamar is doubtful once again for Lakers, and without him, they simply stink. Brian Cook is also out. They are at their lowest point in Kobe-era, bouncing back before season ends seems improbable at the moment. Lakers and Sixers last played each other just 12 days ago, and it was a 108-91 for Sixers in Balboa-city. Philly has won its last 4 with Webber in the mix, so 'the trade of all trades made this season' is beginning to pay off. Himself and Iverson finally had some workouts together last week, and that's helped them a lot, obviously. They even had 30+ points each in their last game, a home win against Toronto, and they were clicking. If they can keep improving, they might even make some noise in the postseason. They do have all it takes, after all. This game is more important to Philly, but i don't expect to see LA give up easily. If you take Kobe and AI away, Philadelphia is way better than LA. And i just don't think Kobe can outscore Iverson by more than 10 points, no matter how good he plays. Add Webber's rediscovered confidence to the mix, and it's all good, as long as you're a Sixers' fan in this one. Dalembert's interior presence can be huge for Sixers as well, as it should limit LA's ability to take it to the hoop. It should make them take more outside shots, and that's just bad news for a team that has lost its last 7. Even Kobe was way below his average in the losing streak with 23.8 ppg (28.0 ppg this season). And there are only 3 teams that were able to hold Kobe to less than 20 ppg this season (he scored 20 against Sixers on March 15th). If Sixers can limit him again, Lakers will definitely have a lottery draft pick on their roster next year. Key fact: I simply don't see Sixers as dogs in this one.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.