BBOTD Sat 4TH JAN

corky

Re: BBOTD Sat 4TH JAN 2.35 Lingfield – Media Hype 1pt win @ 20/1 William Hill This looks unbelievably competitive but is without doubt a cracking race. I think Modernstone is the rightful favourite for this after a very impressive win last time out over CD but I am going to take a chance on Media Hype. This horse is very lightly raced for a 7 year old and is completely unexposed on the all weather having only had 3 runs on an artificial surface. The first of those runs came on his racecourse debut back in April 2011 where he finished a well-beaten 10th of 14. His last 2 runs on the all weather both came over this trip at Kempton in November last year. On the first of those runs, Martin Harley helped force a frantic early pace and set the race up for Spring of Fame with the early pacesetters all finished well beaten. He did however learn from that race and won very nicely next time out by nearly 4 lengths. He has only had 1 run since that effort, where he finished last of 7 on the turf at Ayr on his return to action from a lengthy absence. He has been off the track for 105 days since that run but I feel there is every chance he can go close in this if able to get anywhere near the front from a tricky draw in 11. It used to be notoriously difficult to win from the front at this track but more and more horses seem to be doing it nowadays. It is likely that Media Hype will come on for this run but he has gone well fresh in the past and I wouldn’t discount a big run from him here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.