Binchys Stats Train 2014

Those who saw my thread last year will know how this works, but just a quick reminder for those who didn't : I have developed this system based on Trainer and Jockey profit/loss (P/L) to level stakes and strike rate over the last 5 years taken from the Racing Post Website. Trainers stats are broken down into three areas (Course, Type of Race and Jockey). This is then broken down further to show the strike rate and P/L in each area (Hurdles, Chase, Bumpers) or for the flat (2yo, 3yo, 4yo+). Jockey stats are shown in the same way, obviously including records for specific trainers. Areas I am interested in are those that have a 40% strike rate, or at least 33% strike rate and over +£25 P/L, 25% strike rate and over +£50 P/L or, 20% strike rate and over +£100 P/L I keep a word document which shows all the areas on interest which is updated weekly. As it would be pretty unrealistic to keep track of all trainers and jockeys, I would estimate I have taken into account the trainers/jockeys with at least 20 winners based on this and last years stats. I then go through all race cards daily and see if there are any matches. If yes, these will be our selections for the day. I have tried to look at the selections more in depth using my own opinions, but this often results in discarding 66/1 shots that win or backing even money favourites heavily that lose. Once these have been listed, I then work out how many points to stake on each selection. I will post the stats that back up the selection. Hoping to keep this going through the year as I got a little downbeat last year when the results started taking a turn for the worse after starting pretty well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Binchys Stats Train 2014 Forgot to mention that bets are placed with Bet365 and are Best Odds Guaranteed. Todays Selections : 5.00 - Wol - Coiltte Cailin 1pt 6/1 - Shane Kelly/Daniel Loughnane on 4yo+ (20-77, 26%, +£57.03) 5.30 - Wol - Clockmaker 1pt 11/2 - George Baker @ Wolverhampton on 4yo+ (48-230, 21%, +£100.59) 6.00 - Wol - Disco Dave 1pt 6/1 - Shane Kelly/Daniel Loughnane on 4yo+ (20-77, 26%, +£57.03)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.