** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

New Zealand vs West Indies - ODI & T20 Series

kevshat

After a closer test series than many expected, New Zealand and West Indies now go head to head over 5 ODIs and a couple of T20s which have the making of being very close matches throughout. The series begins on Boxing Day and although there is no UK TV coverage it should still be an excellent series. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Thu Dec 26 (50 ovs) 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - New Zealand v West Indies Eden Park, Auckland [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 30.png 15 - 21° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Dec 29 (50 ovs) 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - New Zealand v West Indies McLean Park, Napier [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 11.png 14 - 22° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Jan 1 (50 ovs) 22:00 GMT (prev day) | 11:00 local 22:00 GMT -1d [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - New Zealand v West Indies Queenstown Events Centre [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jan 4 (50 ovs) 22:00 GMT (prev day) | 11:00 local 22:00 GMT -1d [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - New Zealand v West Indies Saxton Oval, Nelson [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Jan 8 (50 ovs) 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - New Zealand v West Indies Seddon Park, Hamilton [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jan 11 (20 ovs) 06:00 GMT | 19:00 local 06:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - New Zealand v West Indies Eden Park, Auckland [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Jan 15 (20 ovs) 06:00 GMT | 19:00 local 06:00 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - New Zealand v West Indies Westpac Stadium, Wellington [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: New Zealand vs West Indies - ODI & T20 Series With the series clashing with the Ashes and not being on UK TV I've not really had a chance to get involved and even when there has been a chance rain has been predicted for the matches but there's a good chance to get involved in the final ODI tonight which I'll take advantage of and then the T20s are all live on Sky which should present more betting opportunities. Tonight's bet. 5pts New Zealand Most 6s 10/11 Stan James I'm not sure how New Zealand are so highly priced here. If both sides were at full strength you could argue with some justification that there's no value in the Kiwis at this price but when you think there's no Gayle, Pollard, Darren Bravo or Darren Sammy for them tonight - all of whom are massive six hitters - then you can see why I believe there is value in this market. New Zealand are at full strength. So much so that they can't find places in their side for Jimmy Neesham or James Franklin. The likes of Guptill, Ryder, Taylor and McCullum are all serial six hitters while Corey Anderson broke the record for the fastest century in ODI cricket earlier in the series with a blitz of sixes. West Indies aren't at full strength with the ball either with Kemar Roach and Ravi Rampaul out of the attack so the Kiwi batsmen should be able to lay a platform for their hitters to go mental with in this match and I fully expect them to hit more sixes than a battered looking West Indies side.

Re: New Zealand vs West Indies - ODI & T20 Series 1st T20 preview: 5pts Over 12.5 sixes 5/6 William Hill I’m not one for betting on a match outcome at Eden Park. In terms of the strength of the sides New Zealand look worthy favourites but there is no defending this ground so they are way too short to back at 4/7 if they are put into bat. The sixes line looks low here though. The recent ODI series was largely high scoring and the short straight boundaries here are crying out to be peppered. Expect to see sixes in this one and lots of them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-west-indies-1st-t20-betting-expect-the-boundaries-to-be-cleared-regularly-at-eden-park

Re: New Zealand vs West Indies - ODI & T20 Series 2nd T20 preview: 4pts Over 10.5 sixes 5/6 William Hill Had West Indies not batted so badly in the first game there would be a case to be made for them on the value grounds because this is another ground which is impossible to defend so were the Windies to bat second they’d have every chance. Their performance in the first game puts me off though. They can’t be ‘as bad’ again you wouldn’t think so I like the look of over 10.5 sixes here. The boundaries are short all around this ground and two sides like to go big so we should see the boundaries cleared at will here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/new-zealand-vs-west-indies-2nd-t20-betting-sixes-can-continue-to-flow-in-wellington