Tennis Masters Series : Nasdq-100 Open

With another Tennis Masters event around the corner, it's high time we laid the ghost of the Pacific Life to rest! ;) On to some first day action now... 10 pts Dupuis-Ginepri (2.34 - Ladbrokes) Dupuis and Ginepri are both strong hardcourt players - Hanescu and Volandri(their respective opponents), who are decent claycourt players, simply aren't decent enough on hard surfaces and I can only imagine them struggling here. :D 20 pts Calleri-Rusedski (2.00 - Ladbrokes) I've never lost opposing Alberto Martin on a non-clay surface against a decent Top 30 player and I just can't see that trend bucking against Calleri. While Calleri may not be the greatest hardcourt player around, I feel his game should still prove too much for Martin whose movement-oriented game is really more cut out for clay(which basically renders him ineffective). Similarly, I think Rusedski is as straightforward as it gets - Seppi will no doubt resemble what's very much a fish out of water. :ok 10 pts Andreev-Mirnyi (2.47 - Ladbrokes) Andreev has a pretty decent game which has seen him give quite a few top players - including Srichaphan, who went on to beat Coria, most recently at the ABN AMRO tournament - problems. While I'm not for a moment championing his cause to go far here, I think he should just have too much for what's a very inexperienced Almagro whose main exploits have all come on clay this year. Mirnyi has also shown glimpses of what he's capable of this year in running some Top 30 players close. His big-serving game sees him pose as much a threat as the Verdascos, Roddicks and Ljubicics on his day and if truth be told, I just can't see how Bjorkman (who was abysmal when he crashed out to Nalbandian last week considering the Argentine's probably playing the worst tennis of his career at the moment since he broke into the Top 10 and was clearly there for the taking) can be fancied to take anything here. :hope 7 pts Monfils to bt Llodra (2.10 - Ladbrokes) Llodra has been in great form lately, but Monfils has a knack of upsetting the form books every now and then and I think if there's someone out there who knows Llodra's game better than Llodra himself, it's got to be Monfils considering how much time the pair spend together during the Davis Cup. For me, this is pretty much a toss-up between form and class - Llodra is clearly in better form, but Monfils is just in another league compared to his compatriot. Nevertheless, anything over evens on Monfils is worth a look IMO. ;) 7 pts Nieminen to bt Saulnier (2.10 - Ladbrokes) Once again, I can't fathom how Nieminen could be given such a generous price against the veteran Saulnier. Nieminen has proved time and again he's well capable of performing on the big stage and is clearly capable of giving most players outside the Top 10 a very good run for their money. 2.10 is just too much to be given a miss... :tongue2 Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100pts Current Balance : 100pts Profits/Losses : 0

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.