National Hunt Racing > Saturday December 14th

Aidymac

Cheltenham 1:50 - Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle (Bristol) (Grade 2) In summary, Kings Palace is going to be very hard to beat if he repeats his last run where he destroyed a good field but the price is skinny. Saint Roque may find this race come a bit too soon, he only had a tough race 8 days ago. The value for me lies with the Peter Bowen trained Berea Boru who is now facing Potters Cross off level weights and at the prices he is worth a small investment. Berea Boru - 1 Point WIN @ 20/1 Sky Bet Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/albert-bartlett-novice-hurdle-betting-berea-boru-is-no-forlorn-hope-in-this-small-field

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday December 14th 2:25 Cheltenham – Stewart Family Thank You Gold Cup This is traditionally a very competitive race and this year looks no different. SEW ON TARGET has run well on all four starts at Cheltenham, finishing in the first four on each occasion. He has looked better this season though and the form of his third place behind Johns Spirit was given a boost when he won the Paddy Power Gold Cup. He was beaten just 4 ½ lengths that day in receipt of two pounds, but is 16 pounds better off in this. He also ran a fine race on his last start over two miles at Cheltenham, but the two miles trip was too sharp for him and this step up in trip should really suit. It could also be significant that his last two runs have been on good ground and he will have those ground conditions again, so there is a lot in his favour. He is currently 20/1 and represents good each-way value. The main danger could prove to be Grandioso who has only run five times over fences, so is subject to improvement. I thought he ran a very promising race on his seasonal debut at Newbury, finishing third to Cantlow and should improve for the run. I know Paul Nicholls is bullish about his chances and usually when he publically states how much he fancies a horse’s chances they run well, so he is certainly worthy of interest also. 3:35 Cheltenham – Osborne House Relkeel Hurdle There may only be four runners, but this looks a fascinating contest with all four runners having chances. SALUBRIOUS is improving all the time over hurdles and made a pleasing return to action when just denied close home at Cheltenham’s open meeting. He was an easy winner at the festival also, so the course clearly suits him. He is a strong traveler and loves the hill, so I can see him running a big race. Gemix is the one I fear most. He is a very classy horse with form at the highest level. He is the one to beat, but ground conditions will be very different to what he is used to and this could be a tactical race, so he may not win.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.