** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing Wednesday 11th December

Lodge

3.00 - Lingfield - Special Mix @ 10/1 Bet365 I'm quite keen on this one at what i feel is a fair price. He has a bit of a strange profile, starting out in bumpers, then switching to flat maidens and has since ran over hurdles and in flat handicaps. His only win to date came on turf over this distance off a 2lb higher mark in May of this year. He didnt show much after that in a few starts off his revised mark, but his reappearance run from a few months off lto makes me think he's capable of winning this. That run came over C&D, and although he went off a 50/1 shot he ran very creditably. He was very slowly away but Martin Lane was obviously keen to get him to the front so made up alot of ground out wide early on to take a share of the lead, he travelled smoothly until 2 1/2f out and did pick up for pressure still leading 1 1/2f out. he was then squeezed for room when weaking between horses and although that checked his momentum, he didnt finish his race that badly, only beaten about 2L. I have a feeling that was a reasonable class 6 race, as it was run in only a 1.4 second slower time than the class 2 handicap on the same day and i feel he should strip fitter for the run. Its also interesting that an inexperienced but very talented young 7lb claimer takes over in the saddle, he's only had 20 rides in the past year but has rode 4 winners, with a further 5 places. Hopefully he can break well from stall 2 and get him fairly prominent as he was slowly away lto and had to make up his ground on the outside.

Re: Flat Racing Wednesday 11th December Kempton 6:40 Another very competitive field here but the horse that smacks of value to me is the Marco Botti trained Spifer who has the all-weather king Luke Morris on board. He is drawn in Stall 11 but that won't be too bad as he is nearly always held up in rear anyways but I expect him to come wide turning for home and try to run them down. He came there travelling very strongly over course and distance last time out but ended up finishing a close 5th to Shavansky annd he traded as low as 1.54 in-running. He runs off the same mark tomorrow so the 14/1 available looks far too big in my opinion. His record at Kempton reads 2-1-2-4-2-5 so he nearly always gives a good run here at Kempton. The horse that finished in 2nd place ahead of him last time out, Litigant, won at Wolverhampton a couple of days ago so the form has been franked. Spifer WIN @ 14/1 Bet365

Re: Flat Racing Wednesday 11th December Dundalk 8:50 With Kempton off I have found a horse I like in a competitive handicap at Dundalk called Horsewithnoname. This gelding got off the mark after a long time in the doldrums with a handicap win in Cork off a mark of 47 in August. He is only 1 pound higher tonight and although he is a very difficult horse to win with he should not be far away under the talented apprentice Connor King who takes off a handy 5 pounds. Back in January this horse finished 3rd here over course and distance off a mark of 51 and effectively he is 8 pounds lower tonight when you take the jockeys claim into account. At around the 25/1 mark he is well worth a bet for me anyways. Horsewithnoname WIN @ 25/1 Ladbrokes