Jump Racing Monday 25th November

joeblitz

12.30 Kempton West Wizard 2/7 & 1.00 Kempton Bear Affair 3/10 both Paddy Power Both of these only need to jump around to collect and although Bear Affair ended up on the deck when in a similar position last year at Folkestone he is more experienced now and jumped well at Uttoxeter lto when beaten by La Bec. West Wizard is a beast! 10 Point win Double West Wizard 2/7 & Bear Affair 3/10 Paddy Power (works out just over 4/6) 1.30 Kempton Ma Filluele 7/4 Bet365 BOG Ma Filleule has been crying out for this trip. In addition she has achieved more over hurdles than did Highland Retreat. Highland Retreat has already won over this trip and will make the running and test the Henderson's horses stamina. 10 Points win Ma Filluele 7/4 Bet365 BOG 3.10 Kempton Royal Boy 11/10 BetVictor BOG A 4th winner here for Geraghty as Royal Boy runs over fences for the first time in Britain. Twice placed over hurdles last year behind the classy Melodic Rendevous, he meets nothing of that calibre here and again should only have to jump around to collect. 10 Points win Royal Boy 11/10 BetVictor BOG

2.15 - Ludlow - Zarzal @ 4/1 Ladbrokes I followed this one over hurdles last season where he ran well in a few hot contests. This season he has turned his attention to the bigger obstacles but he has made a pleasing start. 1st time out he finished 3rd to Ivor's King and Valco De Touzaine who have both won since (the latter twice and now rated in the 140's). And on his 2nd start he ran creditably in defeat to Tarquin De Seuil who's since beat Oscar Whisky and looks a top novice. He wasn't given a hard time on either start and tomorrow makes his handicap debut off a mark of 122. On his hurdle form, that looks lenient, having been placed twice off marks in the high 120's. He's a C&D who posses a lot of pace so the fact that the ground isn't too testing is in his favour too. It remains to be seen now whether he will prove better over fences than hurdles but the fact that he has gone chasing without being fully exposed over hurdles suggests to me he will be, in which case his mark could be in the lenient side. Probably isn't much value at this price (I took 11/2 a little while ago) but I think he'll go very close.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.