** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England > Midweek > Skrill Prem Nov 12

Re: England > Midweek > Skrill Prem Nov 12 Excellent Tipping last night, guys! Keep it up! Two short questions to Ships! Do those spread-betting bookies, like Sportingindex or Spreadex, limit sucessfull punters, like all the other european bookies do? I think in fixed-odds games you always use flat stakes? How you set your stakes at those spreads? Do you use the same stakes, maybe if you buy the total goals of a game or if you sell the 2nd goal of a team etc.?

Re: England > Midweek > Skrill Prem Nov 12

Another excellent non-league thread' date=' especially from Ships. Didn't have a penny on those spread bets but I was willing a 2nd from Luton after Chester hit early :clap[/quote'] You and me both ;). Excellent works as always Ships.

Re: England > Midweek > Skrill Prem Nov 12

Do those spread-betting bookies, like Sportingindex or Spreadex, limit sucessfull punters, like all the other european bookies do? I think in fixed-odds games you always use flat stakes? How you set your stakes at those spreads? Do you use the same stakes, maybe if you buy the total goals of a game or if you sell the 2nd goal of a team etc.?
Apologies, Frapper - I've been away and have only just seen this. No limits on any trade so far - the turnover on the Skrill Prem is tiny compared to league football, even in international weeks. Punters are less bothered with it, too - very few serious non-league gamblers I know bother with spreads. There are two types of spread bet - those with known losses and those with unknown losses, and I do bear that in mind. Selling Chester's 2nd on Tuesday at 80 had a known loss of ten points - naturally, I can go a bit chunky with that. A supremacy bet or a mini-performance sell can make up hugely the wrong side of a play, so that has to be factored in. Generally, the smaller the number you can potentially lose, the bigger the stake - total goals always has a bigger per-point stake than a sell of a 2nd goal. I had a rough start to the season - which is not unusual as form settles down. I always reset the profit clock at zero for the new season, and the important thing is to hopefully build a bank or (as this season) keep the losses to a containable amount. I'm always on half stakes for about six weeks - it took me until end of September to build a profit. From then on, I could spread my wings a bit. The key - more so, at least for me, than fixed odds betting - is careful money management. And it's a form of betting that repays contrarian thinking while not punishing you too heavily if the thinking is creative but wrong. It suits an utterly contrarian league like the Skrill Prem, where in all honesty I don't think I would have made a profit on fixed odds in the last couple of seasons.