Speedway Tonight

Arena Essex V Eastbourne (1) 1.7 B and W Poole V Swindon +15.5 (2) 1.85 B and W After an exchange of emails B and W have agreed to increase my limit to £200! Arena have what is probably the biggest home advantage in the league, 6 of their riders are known experts here, and new boy Piotr swist, who rides at reserve, is reported to have gone well in practice. Eastbourne have a strong top two in David Norris and Nicki Pedersen, with Adam Shields to back them up, after that the tail does seem a little long, also, Pedersen is not always at his best here. New boy Andy Moore may do something though. If I do have a reservation about this match, then it is because it is a challenge match rather than a league match, and early season form can be uncertain, however, Arena are capable of beating stronger teams than this, and the home win is my bet. Poole will be chasing the treble this year, and have retained the same top 5 as last year, apart from the fact that Ryan Sullivan took over from Tony Rickardsson early in the season last year, and now Poole have to go a full season without him, and will be slighty weaker for it. Swindon have a powerful looking top 2 in Leigh Adams and Lee Richardson, and Charlie Gjedde to back them up, new Swedish signing Seb Alden, who is new to British racing, but did ride in the Swedish Elite league last year, and did ok. This is a match that I would expect Poole to win, but, +15.5 is far too high for a team like Swindon, and I take them to win with the handicap. BUT this handicap may not last for very long!! My bets today are 2 singles and a double. Swindon have now gone down to 1.75! B and w are sticking resolutely to the handicap, but the price is now 1.65!

Re: Speedway Tonight The Poole meeting is cancelled---rain. Arena ok at the moment, however, Nicki pedersen has been taken ill, and Eastbourne will use rider replacement, this means that the best 4 riders on the night can take his rides, it also means that Eastbourne are weaker!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.