** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Benfica v Olympiacos > Wednesday October 23rd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Benfica v Olympiacos (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Benfica v Olympiacos > Wednesday October 23rd Somebody who is seen Benfica matches lately maybe can comment on their form? In domestic league they're third collecting 14 points from 7 games (4-2-1). Olympiacos 22 from 8 (7-1-0). These leagues aren't much comparable but looks like Olympiacos is in good goalscoring form at the moment. Last 8 out of 10 away games they have scored 19 goals and Benfica is decent scoring at home in 9 out of 10 last games but also conceding in 9 games out of 10. I'm going for BTTS@1,75 on my local bookmaker and maybe [email protected]. It's my first post, so comments on this are very welcome!

Re: Benfica v Olympiacos > Wednesday October 23rd I was surprised to find this normally quite tight Benfica side down 0-3 away to PSG after about half an hour of the game. OK, they are known to be a typical home team, but I missed their defensive organisation in Paris. They won a cup game at the week end fielding an alternative side, but players like Ola John, Amorim and Silvio took part of the game. Fejsa, Sulejmani and Markovic trained today and they could be available again. Do not get blinded by the 3-0 win for Olympiakos away to Anderlecht. Read what I said about Anderlecht, but let your self be impressed by the man scoring the three Olympiakos goals, Mitroglou, who is quite a striker. Holebas and Bong are injury doubts for the Greeks. Home win, I guess, but the odds are so and so.

Re: Benfica v Olympiacos > Wednesday October 23rd

Somebody who is seen Benfica matches lately maybe can comment on their form? In domestic league they're third collecting 14 points from 7 games (4-2-1). Olympiacos 22 from 8 (7-1-0). These leagues aren't much comparable but looks like Olympiacos is in good goalscoring form at the moment. Last 8 out of 10 away games they have scored 19 goals and Benfica is decent scoring at home in 9 out of 10 last games but also conceding in 9 games out of 10. I'm going for BTTS@1' date='75 on my local bookmaker and maybe [email protected]. It's my first post, so comments on this are very welcome![/quote'] BTTS is surely a great odd here at ~ 1.80 in most oddmakers. Over 2.5 @ 2.00 is also VERY tempting, because because usually know how to score at least twice at home, and as Olympiakos will possibly score one...Benfica has some awful defending and a team who knows how to attack completely dismantels Benfica's defensive line. However, they changed their system from a 4-4-2 to a sort of 4-2-2-2. Fesja is a new player and now plays next to Matic. Benfica wins a lot in terms of defensive consistency, but loses too much on the offensive process. A team which keeps itself defending well, with short width and high aerial strength can easily stop them. I can actually see an upset here, today. Although I feel Benfica will win something like 2-1, if Olympiakos are smart enough in attack and consistent in defence, they can pull the upset. Benfica has been quite unconvincing so far, some players also look somewhat not motivated to work under Jorge Jesus coaching after that heartbreaking May of last season. Cardozo was about to leave for disrespecting Jorge Jesus in May's last official game and ended up as a main players once again, so rumours mill say that some players lost confidence in Jorge Jesus mainly because of that. I don't recommend hitting the X2 with high stakes. But something > 2 is definitely value with 30-40% confidence.