NBA picks, Monday

Based on what i was saying about knowing what you believe the spread should be. I thought i'd have a quick stab at tomorrow's games before i go to bed. Boston @ Charlotte. I'd say Boston by 3.5 or 4. Lakers @ Washington. Wizards by maybe 4.(without Jamison) Pistons @ Atlanta. Tough one this. Pistons by 8. Bucks @ Miami. Again think this is tough as miami big favs. Miami by 11ish. Portland @ Memphis. Memphis by around 8. (although lost to portland fri). Hornets @ Spurs. No idea as don't know who Spurs will field. Houston @ Golden State. Houston by 3.5-4.

Re: NBA picks, Monday Not having a go but 4 of them lines are already available, BOS - 4 DET - 9 MEM - 8.5 HOU - 3 DET opened up @ 9.5 and is dropping, it should probaly end up at 7.5 at game time. WASH - 3.5/4 seems about right, not sure about MIA - 11, seems a bit high, but shall see. Cheers JJ

Re: NBA picks, Monday Memphis -8 League: 14-9 (Av. win 11.9) home 5+ fav, 1 day off 15+ ats loss as away 4- fav. [Memph] 11-1 (Av. win 19.1!!) if opp off any ats win!! League: 6-8-1 (Av. loss 11.9) away 5+ dog, 1 day off 15+ ats win as home 4- dog. [Port] 0-6 (Av. loss 26.7!!) if opp off any ats loss!! Won't read too much into the last game. Williams went down early, and a key injury during a game really throws a team out of balance.

Re: NBA picks, Monday And Blazers were hot in that last game on Saturday. Memphis was terrible from the field. Those two things won't happen again tonight, not combined. Just be cautious because Portland was withous Randolph and Stoudamire, they might be back now. P.S. I'm sorry you lost on Detroit pick, but DID YOU SEE THAT??? 64-62, WOW. You know how i feel about strong D. Total points in that game: 126, points scored by TORONTO last night: 128. Amazing.

Re: NBA picks, Monday :lol man that's an amusing bookie. Well there don't seem to be many prices about on that san antonio game but on betfair the match odds are up and people are wishing to back san antonio at odds of 1.18 hence I am guessing they should be around 9 point favourites for the game. Hence if you can get -1 at 1.85 surely you would wanna pile on that !

Re: NBA picks, Monday Houston over Golden State @1.64 (www.willhill.com) If Golden State doesn't nearly brake another NBA record, their odds are not good in this game. I love where this team is going after they traded for Baron Davis, and they have shown they can play against the best (nearly defeated Pistons in Detroit last week). I'm taking this game straight up instead of handicap for that reason. If you're brave enough you might want to go for Hou over GS (+3.5) @1.99 (www.pinnaclesports.com). When a team is playing like Rockets are playing now, no explanation is really necessary, still i'll remind you of their last 2 road games, 127-107 W at Pho and 111-96 W at Sac. That says a lot. I know i said Warriors are better than their record indicates, i definitely still think they are, but Houston has a lot of quality players to throw at Golden State's small 3 (guards Davis, Fisher and Richardson). The only player on GS roster capable of maybe slowing down T-Mac a bit is Pietrus, but he doesn't get too many minutes. And that was a HUGE maybe, the way McGrady's playing lately. Warriors have only one center on their roster (Foyle), and he should have no problems getting into foul trouble tonight. With him not on the court, they only have 3 more big guys, Murphy, Biedrins, Tsikishvili, and only Murphy is a true POWER forward. Do you like that matchup as much as i do? Mike Dunleavy is playing just fine, but fine's not good enough if you're matched up against T-Mac. I see this game develop this type of scenario: A lot of help defense on Yao and Mcgrady, leaving Houston's shooters wide open, just like last night at Sacramento (James+Wesley+Barry = 53 points). Key factor: Call it a late case of March Madness if you like (since T-Mac and Yao never were part of NCAA playoffs), but Rockets are flaming HOT. Boston over Charlotte @1.54 (www.easybets.com) I don't dare to take spread bet in this one, not after what Lakers did in Charlotte, and because even though Celtics are winning, it's usualy close. Maybe it was just Kobe playing poorly for 3 quarters in that last Charlotte's game, and then taking over in fourth (21 points). 'KOBE SAVES THE DAY' headline does look nice, and Kobe needs his repututation back, he'll do anything to get it. But enough about Kobe. If it wasn't for Brevin Knight who orchestrated his team perfectly (17 AST, 0 TO), it wouldn't even be close). That was the best performance of the year that no one ever mentioned. Guys score 50 on 35% FG, with 5 or 6 turnovers, and they're heroes, Brevin goes 17 and 0 completely unnoticed, it's just not fair. Boston is playing great since Walker's back in town, but i'm still not convinced they are a serious team. After all, Ricky Davis averages 33 minutes on that team. No matter how good or bad he is, he is an idiot. What should make Celtics happy is the fact that Walker takes only 2.6 threes per game (after averaging 5.1 with Hawks), while averaging 9.4 rebounds, so he obviously spends a lot more time inside the 3P line, for change. And having Walker in lineup makes life easier for Paul Pierce. This is a must win (a 'can't allow to lose' if you like it better) game for Celtics, they are only 10-19 away from home this season, and they need to get more of those away wins, as they could prove to be vital in playoff seeding battle. Key factor: Celtics are better, and they have a lot more to lose tonight, so they will be prepared and won't take Charlotter lightly. I suggest these two games as a DOUBLE BET @2.46 (www.willhill.com)

Re: NBA picks, Monday

:lol man that's an amusing bookie. Well there don't seem to be many prices about on that san antonio game but on betfair the match odds are up and people are wishing to back san antonio at odds of 1.18 hence I am guessing they should be around 9 point favourites for the game. Hence if you can get -1 at 1.85 surely you would wanna pile on that !
My bookie's got another fan, LOL.

Re: NBA picks, Monday Or alternatively wait till the line comes out and pile on spurs -1 at yer local bookie and new orleans +9 somewhere else and pray the spurs win by 2-8. Effectively getting nearly 20-1 for spurs to win by 2-8 Or actually come to think of it surely just backing spurs -1 would be better, I mean if they should be 9 point favs it's a great bet. You could always lay some on match odds at betfair for backup.

Re: NBA picks, Monday Your observation on Houston being a decent price at 25-1 is not far wide of the mark. I've ahd alot of money on the Spurs and can't really see many teams to hang with them in a seven game series. One team who i think could give them problems is the Rockets. This team creates matchup problems for nearly every team they play and since they brought in 3 good shooters (wesley, barry and james) they can give you alot of different looks. Teams now get penalised for doubling t -ac and yao. Previously teams didn't mind this as no one was consistantly hitting the open jumper. Having Sura back at the point also gives them more athleticism and allows them to run more. The Rockets are definately a team that no one wants to face in the playoffs.

Lakers @ Washington. Wizards by maybe 4.(without Jamison) Jamison started and played 36 minutes today.
Yeah i know he played yesterday but if you watched the game you could see he wasn't right and was limping noticeably. You're right though he still proably will play tomorrow, what difference he makes i'm not sure.

Re: NBA picks, Monday I just wrote a novel, and the page crapped itself :@ Marek....all 3 meetings this season have gone under this fairly easily, and I can't see Charlotte shooting like they did v. LA. Looks a decent bet to me. Washington -2 Going with the Kobe 'trend' again. LA now 0-11 on the road after a win in which Kobe takes 20+ shots. They have to be tired after 2 very close, draining wins. Washington back to full strength and really should be able to put points up on LA who play roa (That's no D on the road :lol ) SA -12.5 League: 10-18-1 (Av. loss 163.7) away 10+ dog, 1 day off 10- ats win as home -3 to +3. [NO] 1-15-1 (Av. loss 18.5) if opp last 5+ fav! Scoring big and winning at home v. Milwaukee is clearly different to traveling to SA. Spurs won 101-78 @ NO in Feb, 10 offensive boards to 5 and 50 popints in the paint to 32. No great surprise. Good luck you guys.

Re: NBA picks, Monday Once again key to the spurs game tonight will be injuries and who plays. Any late suprises could affect the line alot. Manu won't play, Timmy probably will, but if Parker doesn'y play that makes a big difference as far as i'm concerned. If Parker doesn't play i like the Hornets +13.5

Re: NBA picks, Monday Parker doubtful, but Udrih more than handy at the point. Shoots better than Parker and has less TO's per minute....will the extra minutes affect him? Don't know.....Maybe SA -6.5 for the first half might be a better option.

Re: NBA picks, Monday Good point on Udrih.. Big difference palying 10 mins to playing potebtially 38 or so. Also many of his stats will have been run up against the oppositions second units. From what i've seen though he does look a good player. The Spurs don't seem to pick up too many bad ones. Nazr Mohammed will also be crucial come playoff time. Back to the original point though i still like Hornets +13.5 if Parker doesnt play. I like a big spread like this as even if Spurs are up by 17-18 with 3 or 4 mins left they're much more likely to let up, so the big spread still has a chance. If the Hornets are down by 10-11 with a minute left its unlikely they'd foul and blow the spread. As yet i've not bet i'm just watching. But i'd consider the +13.5

Back to the original point though i still like Hornets +13.5 if Parker doesnt play. I like a big spread like this as even if Spurs are up by 17-18 with 3 or 4 mins left they're much more likely to let up, so the big spread still has a chance. If the Hornets are down by 10-11 with a minute left its unlikely they'd foul and blow the spread. As yet i've not bet i'm just watching. But i'd consider the +13.5
You'll want to hurry (unless you've got a bookie that's related to sani's ;))...Line droppipng to 11.5 most places. Still some 12.5's left in some slower ones. SA used to be billiant with big h'caps, because late in garbage time, Manu used to come in and still play 110% against the opp's second unit, (Good point on Udrih too) but now he's a starter things have dropped off late in games. And, I know this is the wrong thread, but I forgot to answer in the other one!...I don't like using US books, basically because they find every way possible to sting you. Charges to withdraw your money is bloody near criminal imo!! Crazy. Not to mention the hassle it takes. I had a massive disagreement/**** up with Neteller earlier this year (they couldn't get the bank code right...but did they contact me to tell me? No. It took me about 6 weeks and 3-4 phone calls to the US to get my money. Just terrible service. Reading standard answers off a sheet without actually listening to the specifics of my problem. I'll DEFINATELY NOT use them again), and as the books charge rediculous sums to have a bank wire, it's just pointless having money with them. I currently use about 10 books (Australian and European) that all use AUD, and all have free withdrawals. Easy.

Re: NBA picks, Monday Just one more quick question for you guys..... Has daylight saving time ended in the US? Why are the game times on the cbs scoreboard an hour behind normal? (ie. Memphis/Portland is due to start now and it says 7pm...should it not be 8?)

Re: NBA picks, Monday 12.15 pm just now, obh....GMT +10...but we're on daylight savings now. Has been nice lately! 32 degrees C the other day. Not so good today, buyt what do I care...I'm sitting in front of my computer watching NBA scores tick over! :lol

Re: NBA picks, Monday :ok That's what I use, alien. NBA.com used to have a real Courtside Live...not just the stats and score (btw johnny...How can you sit there for 2-3 minutes at a time waiting for that page to update?? Would send me mad!! :wall )...Used to be a picture of a court and show a dot for every shot...was in real time too. Used to be fantastic. I think ESPN.com has got something similar now, but that's usually a minute or two slow. cbs is definately the fastest one I've come across....maybe because I'm further away than you guys. (Seriously. There are some days here when the cbs scoreboard is a second or two faster than the tv!) I do envy you blokes with NBA TV tho! :@ Our 1 or 2 games a week live (on ESPN) just doesn't cut it. Marek...It definately says GMT +10 on my windows clock ;)