Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013

Re: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013 treve travelled so well, she was always winning, 3 year olds have a great record in the race, but it was with my heart i stayed loyal,i have always loved super star fillies, and she is that

Re: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013 I agree...........there's something about superstar fillies that beat the colts at the top level Gong back to Pebbles, Oh So Sharp, Salsibil..............and more recently Goldikova and Zarkava Add Treve to the list ! Did anyone see the Foret ?..............I think that was one of the visually most impressive performances I have ever seen Midnight Cloud.............you're on the list !

Re: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013 I had an interesting exchange with ATR's Matt Chapman on twitter today. He was slagging off Ryan Moore for "letting" Treve, Orfevre and Kizuna pass Ruler of The World on the turn. I challenged him and asked him if he thought it would have made any difference whatsoever given than the horse finished 4 and a bit lengths down on Kizuna, 6 and a bit behind Orfevre and over ten behind Treve? He responded by saying probably not, but Moore was 'cruising' on ROTW at the time. Now my definition of cruising speed would be the speed at which the aforementioned three went past Moore's horse. I think ROTW only managed to finish that close as he was running through beaten horses. How did that idiot get on the tv?

Re: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013

I had an interesting exchange with ATR's Matt Chapman on twitter today. He was slagging off Ryan Moore for "letting" Treve, Orfevre and Kizuna pass Ruler of The World on the turn. I challenged him and asked him if he thought it would have made any difference whatsoever given than the horse finished 4 and a bit lengths down on Kizuna, 6 and a bit behind Orfevre and over ten behind Treve? He responded by saying probably not, but Moore was 'cruising' on ROTW at the time. Now my definition of cruising speed would be the speed at which the aforementioned three went past Moore's horse. I think ROTW only managed to finish that close as he was running through beaten horses. How did that idiot get on the tv?
He is very controversial Binchy but I guess he wears his heart on his sleeve, a lot of people love that and I guess he makes tv exciting in one respect.. People love confrontation, even if he is wrong 80% of the time lol.

Re: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013

I know mate mostly I just take what he says with a pinch of salt and it is all about opinions but I couldn't let him get away with that one. Good of him to reply though I suppose.
He doesn't shy away from an argument mate :loon I must say I like him even though his opinions are crazy at times, he is actually bonkers. I like him because he doesn't see himself as above punters or average every day people, he is in Ireland a lot and the Irish love him.

Re: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013 I like Chapman for being honest and controversial. More of that is needed in our sport. Everything is way too silky. He is a welcoming exception. Don't agree with him all the time and you have to wonder from time to time about his odd argumentation but the fact is that he voices his honest opinion - which is fair enough I suppose - and stands by it, unlike many racing journalists who only say yes and amen and clearly avoid confrontation. Racing is a game of different opinions, though. It always was and always will.

Re: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013 He isn't boring which is more than can be said for a lot of the racing presenters. On the O' Brien horse, he ran a career best and they have to be happy with that. There really was no argument there and that is as good as he is for this year at least!

Re: Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 2013 The more I watch the race the more impressive it gets! It surly was one of the best performances I've ever seen. If you just consider how much this 3yo filly had against herself. Inexperience, a poor draw, travelling wide all the time, turning 4 wide around the home bend, slow pace, as well as pulling the arms out of her jockey the first full minute of the race! Still she showed some unbelievable cruising speed to make it from the back of the field to the top of field in a matter of strides and after all that she was able to produce a stunning turn of foot to slaughter an absolute top class field! Tremendous stuff, really! http://dai.ly/x15ml7k

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15ml7k_06-10-2013-longchamp-fr-5-race-qatar-prix-de-larc-de-triomphe-2013-group-i-2-400-m_sport