BBOTD Wed 11th Sept

chris34

8.45 Kempton Scottish Lake is likely to pop up at some point over the winter slowly working his way back down the handicap, he is now 5lb below last winning mark and did win fresh last year but wide draw is off putting. Eager To Bow is 3 from 9 around here slightly below his best last time out though over this CD and will need to show a little more spark to be involved but very good 7lb claimer in the saddle tonight. Emiratesdotcom is another with a long losing run mounting up, 2 decent efforts on turf off a lower mark recently and is also now a few lb below last winning mark but has always looked better over 6f. Quintet is the obvious favourite and rightly so having improved for the switch to handicaps last time out, beating an inform sort. 7lb rise not over harsh if able to back that run up but stall 13 pretty miserable given he was ridden very prominently last time out when winning. Black Truffle has become a little frustrating recently often catching the eye on the run to the line, never put into the race last time out till it was over after being knocked at the start. He may well be high enough in the handicap at present and given his run style will need some luck from stall 1 so probably enough to put me off for now. Hierarch might be worth another chance having backed him last time out. He may have needed the run after a short break and it was a bit of a strange race with them all finishing in a bit of a pile and although 9th only beaten 2 ¾ lengths, down a further 2lb in the handicap dropping 1lb below last winning mark. Often goes well around here and and would expect him to be finishing well from off the pace at a decent price. 0.5pt e/w Hierarch 11/1 VC

Re: BBOTD Wed 11th Sept 4.45 Doncaster – Shahdaroba 1pt win @ 25/1 Boylesports Every each way bet I have at the moment is finishing unplaced and every win bet is finishing placed, which is quite frustrating. I would probably be happy if this one could finish placed as this is a very competitive race and possibly a little too competitive for my selection. There are bits & pieces of form however that gives encouragement of a possible big run. In particular his win in April at Newmarket over 6f, where he forged clear of Regal Dan near the finish to win by a length. The form of that race looks unbelievably strong now with Professor winning his next 3, Dutch Masterpiece just completing a 3-timer in a group 3 and Heaven’s Guest winning 3 of his next 4 races. Shahdaroba won that race from 87 so if you take into account Pat Millman’s claim, then he races from a mark of 85 tomorrow. He has also showed more recent bits of form when finishing 5th at Sandown behind Secret Art by 3 lengths but enjoys a 15lb pull in the weights with that one. His most recent run at Kempton was his first try on the all weather where he acquitted himself very well to finish a close up 5th to some talented horses such as Ehtedaam and Seek Again. I think taking into account the jockey’s 7lb claim Shahdaroba is handicapped to run well in this. He is certainly handicapped to get in front of the likes of Regal Dan and Secret Art, who are both much shorter in the betting. The first time visor could bring about a little more improvement from this one. The jockey is a worry in such a competitive handicap but his claim is very useful. Shahdaroba has only had 2 of 16 career runs over 7f but looking at his pedigree he should be suited by it. I don’t think he would want any more rain as he is American bred but he could just outrun his odds.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.