NBA Picks, Thursday

Minnesota over Miami (-9.5) @1.9 (www.nordicbet.com) First of all, i chose to go with 9.5 line because it buys me an extra point at a low price (1.9 instead of 1.95 with 8.5 spread). Minnesota won the first meeting at home, and Garnett was huge in that one (20-20 game for KG, plus 8 assists) but it was back on Nov 16th, so it really should mean little now. What i think matters in tonights game, is the fact that Wolves are now Kevin McHale led team. Even in his playing days he wouldn't allow his team to get blasted, atleast not without giving his best night in and night out. Since he took over as coach, Wolves are only 5-5, BUT all games were close, biggest loss was by 10 at Seattle. Another interesting fact, in those ten games only twice has a team been able to go over 100 points, both times it was Minnesota. Average points scored in last 10 MIN games 92.1-90.9 in their favour. On the other hand, Miami is on fire, winning 6 in a row (average margin 12.8) and covering spread in 5 consecutive games, their home record is 25-5, Minnesota is 13-16 on the road, so everything points out to Heat victory. I definitely expect them to get it, but i feel this game will be a tough one, with playoff-type atmosphere. That usually doesn't include a lot of points, and with less points scored, the margin of victory should be smaller. Olowokandi will miss the game with an injury, so Miami might give the ball to Shaq more, and slow the pace. I know this looks like a sure win for Miami, but i think the spread is too high. Key factor: Wolves are a different team with McHale as head coach, their games are close, and i expect this one to be physical and close as well.

Re: NBA Picks, Thursday Well since no one wants to pick games, let's try to give some midseason awards. Here are my picks, any feedback is welcome. - Worst brand new trend this season brought us: Players not playing hard or not showing up or saying they're injured when they want to be traded from a bad team (JJax, Carter, B Diddy). - Best player going completely unnoticed: Nenad Krstic. He wasn't even on Rookie Chalenge, not even after Okafor pulled out of the game and had to be replaced. You might not agree on this call, but it was just a stupid thing by who ever picked players. - Darko Milicic of the year: Darko Milicic obviously, LOL. But among rookies, especially lottery picks, Rafael Araujo and Robert Swift (tie). - Clutch performer of the year: Ben Gordon, most double digit 4th Qs in the league as a rookie. - Dissapointment of the year (player): Still too early to tell, but what about Chris Webber? - Injury that hurt a team most: Andrei Kirilenko, everybody knows why. Before he got injured, he looked like he'd have the best defensive season by a player in NBA history, Utah was rolling, now, even with him back in the lineup, they just stink (but far less than without him). - Don't believe the hype award: Yao Ming, he's far from being a bad player, but it's more marketing potential than anything else with him. - Most hated man in NBA: Kobe of course, but i hope people will give him a break. With all the problems he has, he tries as hard as he can, and he IS a GREAT player after all. It's not fair, no matter what he said or did (or maybe he didn't do in Colorado). Btw. i'm not a Kobe-fan. Let's just face the facts, he's (i'll use Puff Daddy lyrics to describe it) "young, rich and famous wth the money sticking out of his anus". THAT'S his sin, he's no worse than 90% of NBA players when it comes to being egoistic. - Turnaround of the year (caused by one man only): Memphis - Mike Fratello, and Denver - George Karl. - Miracle of the year: T-Mac dropping it like it's hot on the Spurs, 13 pts in 35 sec. I dare him to try that again. - Feel bad story of the year: Lenny Wilkens fading out of the NBA. He didn't leave NBA or get kicked out, he literally faded out of it. - Big spender of the year (3rd year in a row): Isiah Thomas, atleast he's not spending his money. - Retro moment of the year: Josh Smith dunking in Dominique's jersey at Slamdunk contest. A classy move, and by a 19 year old boy. - Batman and Robin of the year: Shaq and Wade. Shaq called them that, he says a lot of stupid things, but this one makes sence. - Mess of the year: I need help on this one, too many candidates, i like Philla's odds in this one after they traded for Webber. - Loser of the year (feedback on this one please): Steve Francis, lost his buddy Mobley, and now they hire a babysitter for him in the backcourt, to cut down his TOs. And it's a rookie. I considered Artest as well, not just because of his suspension, but also because that album he wanted to promote (R&B band Alure) sold only around 1200 copies in the first couple of weeks in USA. I think that hurts him even more than not getting his NBA money. - 'I play hard every time but it doesn't pay off' award: Kevin Garnett, no comment. - Celebrity look alike award: Brian Skinner a.k.a. B Real of Cypress Hill, i just can't believe they are not related, or are they? - Worst owner of an NBA franchise: George Shinn, Hornets. His team was very popular in Charlotte a couple years ago, then they had to run out of town, same thing might happen in NO, without the being popular part of course. - Retirement of the year: Karl Malone and Reggie Miller, love 'em or hate 'em, you gotta respect them, both. - Rumour of the year: Age limit in the NBA. - Pound for pound player of the year: Earl Boykins, second time in a row.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.