League 2 > Sat 17th August

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 17 August 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bury v Accrington Stanley (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Cheltenham Town v Plymouth Argyle (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Exeter City v AFC Wimbledon (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fleetwood Town v Burton Albion (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newport County v Bristol Rovers (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Portsmouth v Morecambe (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Rochdale v Chesterfield (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Scunthorpe United v Dagenham & Redbridge (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southend United v Northampton Town (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Torquay United v Oxford United (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Wycombe Wanderers v Mansfield Town (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]York City v Hartlepool United (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Pompey a little too short maybe?? Even if we are playing Morecambe (who look probably one of the poorest sides in League Two, based on the opening games). They don't look like they've got much up top to trouble us, which could be a blessing in disguise as our defence needs a break :lol defensively the only plus has been the form of goalkeeper Phil Smith. We should really have seen off Accrington on Saturday and defensive lapses were to blame once again for not taking all three points. It worries me as we don't seem to have worked on these things in pre-season, considering we made the majority of our new signings in May. I'd say up front we look like getting things together with the partnership of Connolly and Agyemang having enough about them to score the goals - Connolly with his experience and Agyemang with his physical presence. Andy Barcham really is crucial to us as he looks like having the creativity to open up any side at this level. Personally I'd like to see Bondz N'Gala come in along side Sonny Bradley. With a gun to my head I'd say Pompey to win one or two nil as Morecambe don't offer much going forward and we really should have enough to beat them in front of a packed Fratton Park. Elsewhere I'd say Newport look like they could offer some value. Forgetting the 3-1 loss to Northampton at the weekend they've not been showing much fear and while Rovers are listed amongst the favourites for promotion I haven't seen much from them to suggest that's deserved. They are suffering from injuries too. One to think about.

Re: League 2 > Sat 17th August Portsmouth @ 1.9 - bet365 V Morecambe. Can't turn down near evens here.... earlier we were available at 2 but I think this has to be a steal versus a Morecambe sides that aren't rich in quality and regularly play in front of crowds only a fraction of the one they'll experience on Saturday. I just read as well that Morecambe have only sold four tickets for the game so I can't see them having too much support there. Maybe a hundred or so, if that! Pompey have today signed left back Marcos Painter. A pretty good signing at this level I'd say, as he has upper league experience with Brighton and Swansea. He was Swansea's regular left back in the Championship before injury ended his participation as they gained promotion to the Premier League. He was also Brighton's first choice left back during their League One winning season in 2010/11. He made 22 appearances for Brighton in their first season back in the Championship, before being kept out of the team by the signing of Wayne Bridge. Definitely a player with good pedigree and one who has played a critical part in a couple of promotion winning sides, at a higher level. We have a fully fit squad while Morecambe are a little short in the striking department, as well as lacking much real quality in-depth. Especially with last seasons top scorer Jack Redshaw being out for seven months. Experienced winger Kevin Ellison (who was second highest scorer for Morecambe last season with 12) is also struggling. Although I expect there's a good chance he will return, he has missed the last two fixtures with a hamstring injury and was due to be out for at least a week. I should also add that upon further investigations I think we're getting much better in our build up play, and the front two are developing a pretty good understanding. We had 27 shots at goal against Accrington, and I think Morecambe's keeper will be in for a long afternoon!

Re: League 2 > Sat 17th August Cheltenham v Plymouth Plymouth have shown no sign of improvement this year after a poor year last year. Cheltenham have shown already this year that they will be not far from the playoffs this year and were quite unlucky last week against Chesterfield. Byron Harrison looks in great shape this year too. Comfortable win for Cheltenham @ 1.91 - William Hill.

Re: League 2 > Sat 17th August

Pompey a little too short maybe?? Even if we are playing Morecambe (who look probably one of the poorest sides in League Two, based on the opening games). They don't look like they've got much up top to trouble us, which could be a blessing in disguise as our defence needs a break :lol defensively the only plus has been the form of goalkeeper Phil Smith. We should really have seen off Accrington on Saturday and defensive lapses were to blame once again for not taking all three points. It worries me as we don't seem to have worked on these things in pre-season, considering we made the majority of our new signings in May. I'd say up front we look like getting things together with the partnership of Connolly and Agyemang having enough about them to score the goals - Connolly with his experience and Agyemang with his physical presence. Andy Barcham really is crucial to us as he looks like having the creativity to open up any side at this level. Personally I'd like to see Bondz N'Gala come in along side Danny East. With a gun to my head I'd say Pompey to win one or two nil as Morecambe don't offer much going forward and we really should have enough to beat them in front of a packed Fratton Park. Elsewhere I'd say Newport look like they could offer some value. Forgetting the 3-1 loss to Northampton at the weekend they've not been showing much fear and while Rovers are listed amongst the favourites for promotion I haven't seen much from them to suggest that's deserved. They are suffering from injuries too. One to think about.
Newport started the week at 2.3 and now down to 2.05 so alot of people must be thinking the same. I will be at the game on Saturday and we got taught a harsh lesson last week. But the good news is that we've signed Naylor to replace Anthony who broke his leg the other week. So should bring back the defensive organisation that was missing last week. With all the players Rovers have out and quality of our attack; if we don't win there will be something seriously wrong. But with a 6500 sellout expected there can only be one winner in this local derby. :-)

Re: League 2 > Sat 17th August Does anybody see value in Scunthorpe win? I see this team was among favorites of wining the title and they started the season very well (4 points). Dag&Red are "favorites" to relegate this season and I am wondering if they can upset Scunthorpe tomorrow? I want to take Scunthorpe, besides Pompy and Chelsea in a treble, but looking forward on hearing the thoughts of the experts here. Thanks!

Re: League 2 > Sat 17th August Newport V Bristol R Newport were very unlucky away at Northampton last week. They had 10 corners compared to Northampton's 1, but somehow managed to lose 3-1. They also had 17 shots (6 on target) compared to 8 by Northampton (5 on target). Meanwhile Bristol Rovers at home to Scunthorpe managed a Houdini act by getting a 0-0. Scunthorpe had 58% possession, 14 shots (3 on target) and 7 corners, compared to Bristol Rovers 10 shots (None on target) and 4 corners. Bristol R have got quite a few injuries. However Garry Kenneth (Defender) is set to return after 8 months out. Their Captain Tom Parkes was taken off against Scunthorpe with concussion but is cleared to play. Newport in their only home game beat Accrington 4-1. Newport were very quick out of the blocks (two goals in first half). Accrington made a lot of mistakes because the Newport forwards kept pressing their back four from the front. Newport's forwards Chris Zebroski and Christian Jolly, ran Accrington's back four into the ground. I would look at Zebroski , goal anytime 6/4 with William Hill. He had 3 very good attempts against Northampton last week but their keeper was Man of the Match. The following odds from William Hill are of interest: Newport to score both halves 9/4. Newport to score 2/9 is buying money when combined in a double Newport to win 21/10 Newport double chance (Home or Draw) 1/4 Newport HT/FT 23/10

Re: League 2 > Sat 17th August Bury V Accrington Even though Bury have no points from 2 games they should dispose of Accrington. Bury have played Oxford United and Chesterfield. They both have won their first 2 games. Accrington have lost to Newport and were lucky to draw with Portsmouth last week. Bury have played well and been unlucky. Against Oxford they had 55% possession (45% Oxford for those without a calculator) and 12 corners to Oxford's 3. Bury had a player sent off in the 83rd Minute Nathan Cameron. Obviously will be missing for the match. He's a defender but they are well covered with 11 defenders in their squad. They are too big at EVS with William Hill. The double chance at 1/4 (home win or draw) is also a buying money bet see below. (Combine with Newport not to lose and Middlesbrough not to lose pays 1.98 i.e 98% return )

Re: League 2 > Sat 17th August Portsmouth v Morecambe Over 2.5 goals at evens (pinnaclesport) stake 1/10 Smith seems a better choice than Sullivan in sticks and the signing of the left back will surely help Pompey whose previous LB is probably still untwisting his legs after playing Alfie Potter on opening day, which makes backing overs again look a bit of a soft bet. Although i could argue the RB and the CBs are still a bit dicey, I dont really expect Portsmouth to concede here. The bet is more an instinct that Pompey will take out the frustrations of the opening matches on a Morecambe side that looks a touch unpredictable right now. Pompey will be desperate to put right the opening day nightmare in front of their fans and have the firepower to do it. Home win is a similar price and that looks a good bet too but I feel nervous generally about odds on favs in L2 - so Ill take the extra options that over 2.5 goals brings expecting Pompey to put up a lot more of those goals than Morecambe.

Re: League 2 > Sat 17th August Bury v Accrington Accrington Stanley have won only once in their last five visits to Gigg Lane (D1 L3). Bury have scored seven goals in their last three league meetings with Accrington Stanley, who have scored just three in the same period. Bury have kept clean sheets against Accrington Stanley in two of their last three games when these teams have met in the league at Gigg Lane. There has not been a draw between these teams in the last eight meetings in the league. Accrington have only beaten Bury twice in the last 10 games played in league competition (2D 6L). Cheltenham V Plymouth The last three league meetings involving these clubs with Cheltenham at home have ended 2-1, with two of those in favour of Cheltenham. Plymouth have scored in the last seven league meetings with Cheltenham Town. These teams have met six times in the league at Cheltenham, Plymouth have won only once. There has not been a draw between these teams in the last seven league meetings. Plymouth have failed to score in four of their last five away matches in the league (scoring just two goals in that run). Exeter City v AFC Wimbledon Exeter City are yet to score anything other than two goals in a game against AFC Wimbledon. Last season, AFC Wimbledon won eight league games away from home compared to just six victories at Kingsmeadow. These teams have played each other twice before in the league. Wimbledon are yet to beat Exeter City. There has only ever been one yellow card shown when these teams have met in the league. Exeter have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last five home league matches (conceding six goals in that run). Fleetwood v Burton Albion Four of Fleetwood's five goals have been scored in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season. These sides have lined up against each other twice before in the league, with both sides claiming one clean sheet apiece. There is yet to be a draw between these teams in the league. Only two cards have been shown in league matches involving these sides, one of them was red. Newport v Bristol Rovers Newport have won their last five matches at home (including four Conference wins from last season). Only Bury (8) have attempted fewer shots than Bristol Rovers (11; excluding blocked shots) so far this season. Bristol Rovers' last league win was on April 6th against AFC Wimbledon. Since then they have drawn three and lost three. This is the first time these teams have met since Newport County reformed in 1988. Portsmouth v Morecambe Pompey have taken the lead in both of their games so far this season; but are yet to hold for victory. This the first time Pompey and Morecambe have faced each other. Portsmouth have conceded six goals in their opening two games. No other team has conceded more. Only Hartlepool (26) have attempted more shots in their opening two games than both Portsmouth and Morecambe (both 25; excluding blocked shots). David Connolly has scored two goals from just two shots for Portsmouth this season in League Two. Rochdale v Chesterfield Rochdale have not beaten Chesterfield in their last seven league meetings (3D 4L). Chesterfield have only been victorious in two of the last 13 league games to have been played at Rochdale. Rochdale have scored one goal in each of their last four league meetings with Chesterfield. The Spireites have netted at least once in the last 18 games against Rochdale in league competition. There has only been one game in the last five meetings between these teams in the league where there have been three or more goals scored. Scunthorpe v Dagenham & Redbridge Scunthorpe are one of three teams yet to concede a goal in League Two this season (with Southend and Chesterfield). Dagenham and Redbridge have averaged just 38.61% possession in the opening two weekends; the lowest in the division. This weekend's game marks the first team these sides have met. Scunthorpe conceded a league-low 11 fouls in their opening two games of the League Two season. Dagenham have won just one of their last five away league matches; a run dating back to March (D1 L3). Southend v Northampton Northampton have beaten Southend only once in the last six league meetings at Roots Hall (D3 L2). Southend United have only won one game in the last six against Northampton Town in the league (D3 L2). The Shrimpers have scored nine goals in the last three league fixtures against Northampton Town. The Essex side have scored at least once in their last 13 games against Northampton Town in the league. Northampton conceded 33 fouls in their opening two games of this season; the most in League Two. Torquay v Oxford United Oxford United have only lost once in the last eight league meetings with Torquay United (W3 D4 L1). Torquay have fallen behind in both of their matches this season but avoided defeat on each occasion (D2). Three of the last four league meetings have ended in a draw between these teams. Two of the last four league games involving these teams have ended goalless. Torquay United have not beaten Oxford in the league in four matches at home (D2 L2). When Torquay have been at home against Oxford in the league, there has only been one occasion in the last seven where there has been less than three goals scored in a game. Wycombe v Mansfield Wycombe have never failed to score against Mansfield Town at home in the league. There has been only one instance where Mansfield Town have beaten Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park in the league from seven games (D4 L2). There has been only one draw in the last seven league games involving Wycombe and Mansfield. There has not been a goalless draw in the last eight league games between these teams. No player has attempted more shots in League Two this season than Wycombe's Dean Morgan (seven; excluding blocked). Morgan is yet to score. York v Hartlepool The last two league games where York and Hartlepool have faced off have ended goalless. Hartlepool have not beaten York away from home in their last seven league meetings (D4 L3). York City have kept clean sheets in four of the last six league games against Hartlepool at home. The Minstermen have only netted twice in the last six league games against Hartlepool.

Interesting developments but Marco Navas has signed for Bury.... Brother of Jesus Navas. Mainly to be near his brother in the Manchester area apparently... Can play on the right in defence and midfield. Be interesting to see if he's even a fraction of a player his brother is!

Southend V Northampton draw @ 3.4 - bet365. I tipped Southend to win the league at a large price and they've not disappointed so far. Earning two successive wins, and keeping clean sheets in both too. In young goalkeeper Daniel Bentley they have a real player with a bright future in football who obviously inspires confidence, and they have a squad mixed with youth and experience. I think they'll be extremely tough to beat this season and I still expect a top six finish from them but Northampton will probably arguably be the toughest side they've faced yet, and one that will be buoyant after their win over Newport last week. Despite Southend's good start to the season I still feel both their fixtures so far were almost draws, and due to the fact Northampton will be a bigger test it stands to reason the chances of a draw are higher here than the odds suggest. Striker Barry Corr is OK to play after having his red card rescinded. Defender Julian Bennett is out, and will be for a while. But Southend have made another very shrewd signing in defender Adam Thompson on loan from Watford for the season - has league experience on loan with Barnet, Brentford and Wycombe. Also is a full Northern Ireland international, and has played at under 17, 19 and 21 level for Northern Ireland. So very much a player at the right age with good experience from a higher league club. I don't see any issues with any team news for this contest.

Southend V Northampton draw @ 3.4 - bet365. I tipped Southend to win the league at a large price and they've not disappointed so far. Earning two successive wins, and keeping clean sheets in both too. In young goalkeeper Daniel Bentley they have a real player with a bright future in football who obviously inspires confidence, and they have a squad mixed with youth and experience. I think they'll be extremely tough to beat this season and I still expect a top six finish from them but Northampton will probably arguably be the toughest side they've faced yet, and one that will be buoyant after their win over Newport last week. Despite Southend's good start to the season I still feel both their fixtures so far were almost draws, and due to the fact Northampton will be a bigger test it stands to reason the chances of a draw are higher here than the odds suggest. Striker Barry Corr is OK to play after having his red card rescinded. Defender Julian Bennett is out, and will be for a while. But Southend have made another very shrewd signing in defender Adam Thompson on loan from Watford for the season - has league experience on loan with Barnet, Brentford and Wycombe. Also is a full Northern Ireland international, and has played at under 17, 19 and 21 level for Northern Ireland. So very much a player at the right age with good experience from a higher league club. I don't see any issues with any team news for this contest.
There was nothing in this until Northampton had a player sent off.... Still at least Southend sit joint second with three clean sheets in a row :D