Mr R P McNamara

I was just wondering whether anyone had an interest in Irish Racing? Robbie McNamara rides as Weld's amateur jockey and on friday evening rode Dancers Dilemma in an amateur hurdle at Galway having been 2nd to Busted Tycoon (won 3 races here) over 2 miles on the flat earlier in the week. The trip was 18f and McNamara had him last or nearly last until after the 2nd last. By the time he "tried" the leaders had gone an he had no chance. In my opinion he stopped the horse. He was well backed too. I'm just wondering what anyone else thinks? I see he is not riding today having been declared to ride 2 for Weld with no reason given. Has he been sacked? I heard on the grapevine that he owes a lot of money to the bookies. Rumours can be wrong of course. Just wondering if anybody else would like to comment on that ride?

Re: Mr R P McNamara Just another day, just another jockey, who played exaggerated waiting tactics...in Ireland....how many times do you need to be burned, before you stop putting your hand in the fire?...I stopped a while ago, but the scars are still fresh...bottom line your choice.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.