What's the reason for this improvement in my in-play betting?

I do a lot of in-play betting on football. In the last few weeks I have been struggling. I have been worrying about money generally and seemed to be having a lot of losing bets. It felt as though I was straying into chasing losses and increasing stakes (dangerous territory). Then I stood back, and thought "what if I DECREASE the stakes until I get my confidence back?". I decided to drastically cut the stakes (by about 80%) on each bet. Since then, my performance has rocketed. For example, just looking at one of the accounts I use for placing 2-way in-play bets, today's record is: Win Win Win Win Win Win Win Draw (i.e. void) Draw (i.e. void) Win Win Win Win A week ago, the pattern would have been more losses than wins. I'm sure I'm betting on the same sort of thing, but the performance has taken a marked turn-around at the same time as I reduced the stakes. What do you think? Have you experienced anything similar? Any comments welcome :ok

Re: What's the reason for this improvement in my in-play betting? Hi MPLouis IMO in the most of us (included my self first) is hapening the oposite in most of the cases....WIN, WIN, WIN then we get confidence and raise the stakes and then suddenly LOSE, LOSE, LOSE.....LOSE Confidence place a great role in betting but not to over estimate it.....Confidence in betting changes in seconds...You might have 10 winners and then 2-3 losses and then you ask your self..ohh what hapened ? I must change the system...and try to get these losses back. Why to be on the one side or the other and not in the middle.. I agree with you and add that good confidence and reading right the games is the most important thing...See it as a hobby, nothing more