Flat Racing July 18th 2013

Re: Flat Racing July 18th 2013 2.50 Brighton - 3pts win Ridgeway Sapphire @ 7/2 (Sportingbet) Mark Usher's horses have been running fairly well of late and his charge in this content looks to hold a very strong chance. This mare typically runs well at Brighton and although she's only got her head in front once in the past, that came here over 6f on quick ground and I see no reason why she won't get home, and enjoy the step up to seven furlongs this afternoon. Having understandably needed her first run of the campaign at Nottingham, she's twice run well here to be beaten 1 3/4l and 2 3/4l, staying on on both occasions and suggesting that an extra furlong can help. The form of both runs looks pretty solid relatively speaking for the grade and this looks weaker in my eyes. The trip, surface and wellbeing are issues for many of these and with the capable Shelley Birkett taking off 7lbs, I fancy Usher's charge to be too well treated not to be going very close at the very least. 3.20 Brighton - 2pts win Pink Mischief @ 11/2 (Sportingbet) Harry Dunlop's filly ran better than the bare result when last seen at Lingfield on the turf course, trying to make all under Richard Hughes, but ultimately fading out of matters late on, despite being comfortably seen off by the eventual winner. However, she's been trying her hand over trips that seem to stretch her stamina and she's certainly not short of a bit of pace. That was over 1m1f and her efforts before that over 1m4f and 1m2f also suggested that she needed to come back down in distance in order to be competitive. Her pedigree doesn't scream out middle distances and her only win has come over a mile here on quick ground but I see no issue with the drop back to 7f and she should see this out better. She's gone well for a long way in a couple of contests of late and with the yard among the winners recently, I can see this 3yo making the most of the weight for age allowance and landing the spoils. 4.30 Hamilton - 2pts win Here Why And Now @ 9/2 (Hills) The top weight in here should absolutely love conditions with a stiff five furlongs absolutely ideal and he's run well on virtually all starts at this Scottish venue. 412437 are his figures at the track and the 7th can be forgiven for coming on unsuitably soft ground. All of his wins have come on a sound surface and from a handy draw in stall 8 he should be putting up a strong effort here. He can regularly get a bit outpaced out the back of the field early on but usually comes home with a real rattle and that was the case at Ayr when we last saw him. The stiffer finish here will play to his strengths and the stronger handling will also help with Graham Gibbons booked the take the ride (taking over from Serena Brotherton). It's also interesting that the visor is reached for this afternoon. He's only once been made to wear one on the track and it's a bit surprising as he ran well when he did. He was only beaten 1 1/4l here on that occasion, as well as suffering from a lack of a clear run, so it's no negative that the headgear is reached for. He held a more prominent early position that day too so if it can perk him up in the early stages then that can only help his chances. Gibbons has a tidy 16% strike rate at Hamilton and I'd be disappointed if he didn't go close to improving his record on Jardine's charge.

Re: Flat Racing July 18th 2013 16.30 Hamilton 5f Class 6 Download The Free Racing UK App Handicap Selection: Chloe’s Dream Chloe’s Dream is a consistent type that has won once and been placed 8 times from her 13 starts, which includes being placed over today’s C&D twice also. Although this looks a wide open affair on paper, today could be the day the filly finally gets her head in front. Last seen racing here over C&D 5 days ago, she finished a length and a half 3rd behind winner Lexington Place who won a better race at Catterick yesterday to add to his tally of 4 wins so far in the past month. Back in 2nd on that occasion was Salvatore Fury who has also been racing in better company prior to the race at Hamilton. Chloe’s Dream appears to be up against an easier set of rivals today and she could take all the beating with conditions to suit.

Re: Flat Racing July 18th 2013 You couldn't make it up, tried to post a picture of my account to prove the bet so people wouldn't accuse me of making this up, but why would I? 2.20 - Bri - Tobougg Happy 4/5 won 2.40 - Lei - Excel's Beauty 4/6 won 3.00 - Ham - Statutory 1/1 won 3.10 - Lei - Telescope 1/2 won 3.40 - Lei - Ghasabah 11/4 won 7.15 - Eps - Fire Fighting 2/1 won 8.20 - Eps - Love Marmalade 1/2 placed!!!!! 201.5/1 £10 accumulator Shortest price of the lot. Gutted.

Re: Flat Racing July 18th 2013

You couldn't make it up, tried to post a picture of my account to prove the bet so people wouldn't accuse me of making this up, but why would I? 2.20 - Bri - Tobougg Happy 4/5 won 2.40 - Lei - Excel's Beauty 4/6 won 3.00 - Ham - Statutory 1/1 won 3.10 - Lei - Telescope 1/2 won 3.40 - Lei - Ghasabah 11/4 won 7.15 - Eps - Fire Fighting 2/1 won 8.20 - Eps - Love Marmalade 1/2 placed!!!!! 201.5/1 £10 accumulator Shortest price of the lot. Gutted.
Very Unlucky, but I have to ask, why not trade the grand running on,,,,?, or backing the other 5 for lesser stakes,,?