Flat Racing Monday 15h July

7.10 Killarney League of Nations 13/8 BetVictor
Off on holidays again so here is one to pay it. League of Nations is trained by O' Brien whose horses remain in great form and who in recent years has a great record at this venue. This one has won on firm and was 4th running on in a better race at Leopardstown over a furlong less lto. The extra furlong today will suit. Of the opposition I would struggle to find a danger as apart from not being good enough most seem to have a prfeference for soft ground and a word of warning to those of you thinking of backing the Oxx horse. Don't! The stable is in poor form and at this time of year struggle for winners. He will win later on in the season. So this is a no brainer really.
10 Points win League of Nations 13/8 BetVictor
5.40 Killarney Main Straits 11/2 BetVictor
Isn't it great when a bookmaker gives you a free bet? Well by backing this e/w you cannot lose. I think this will win in any case and here is why. To me this is a two horse race between this and Bluebell. Bluebell won at Limerick and was the second stringwhen hammered by Bye Bye Birdie over 6f in a Group 3 at the Curragh lto. This trip will suit better and O' Brien has a good record here, however Stack has a better one! Main Straits ran well against War Command fto at Leopardstow running on before being hampered. He then was made favourite at Limerick but was beaten by Mansion House (who ran very well since). I can excuse that run on the basis that the Limerick track does not suit a lot of horses whereas going back left handed over a truer track where the stable excels and right handed will. If you want to be shrewd, back this to win and without the favorite. I think he'll win but respect O' Brien's as the only danger. My recommendation is e/w for absolute maximum stakes. I expect him to start at less than 3/1 and as the second favourite.
5 Points e/w Main Straits 11/2 BetVictor

6.00 - Windsor - Drawnfromthepast @ 9/2 Coral This is a really weak race for a 0-75 contest but its what this horse needs. The 8yo has plenty of miles on the clock now but is still up to taking a race like this. Is starting to creep down the weights even though he has not been disgraced off higher marks of late. Eddie Linehan comes from Newton Abbot for the 1 ride and he's in decent form of late. 5f on quick ground suit this horse down to the ground and I see him going well here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.