** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Challenge Cup Quarter Finals

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 12 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sheffield Eagles v London Broncos (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 13 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Catalans Dragons v Hull FC (16:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 14 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants (16:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 15 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.08 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter Finals Friday night preview: 4pts Sheffield (+14) to beat London Broncos 10/11 William Hill All the pressure is on London in this match and that might not be the best thing for them given their recent form. Sheffield can go out and play with freedom and give this everything they’ve got. They have good winning momentum behind them and as long as they don’t tire too badly late on then they must have every chance here. Just in case they go gas a little bit the safer bet is to take the Eagles with 14pts. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sheffield-vs-london-broncos-betting-sheffield-can-make-london-work-hard-for-a-place-in-the-semi-finals-20130711

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter Finals Concur with the OP. Sheffield won the last 15 whilst London only won 1 of their last 9. Said for the last 2 seasons that the top 3/4 in NL are equal to those of the bottom of SL. I can handicap this as either, Sheffield being a top NL side and London being a poor SL side, or Sheffield being at least or better than London on my league by league sliding scale. Either way it comes out as Sheffield GIVING between 4-8 points, which is massively different to the odds available. Sheffield +14 and 7/2 on the outright.

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter Finals Some very iffy refereeing in that match :unsure. Saturday QF preview: 4pts Catalans (-4) to beat Hull FC 10/11 Ladbrokes I like Hull FC but their recent results are a bit alarming and put me off backing them here. It could be that this quarter final has been on their minds but I’m not convinced I’ve got to admit. Catalans are always a tough nut to crack on their own patch even though they’ve lost a couple this year. I’m surprised we’re getting less than a converted try on them to win this match but I’m happy to take that. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/catalans-dragons-vs-hull-fc-betting-catalans-can-make-another-challenge-cup-semi-final-20130713

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter Finals Having a shocker this weekend so far. Hoping for better on Sunday. 3pts Huddersfield (+8) to beat Warrington Evs Bet365 Huddersfield have a really poor record against Warrington but this is knockout football and I think this will be closer than a lot of their previous meetings. In Danny Brough they have a quality player who could be the x-factor in this match. This will be a quality game, possibly a high scoring one given the perfect conditions but I think eight points is a couple to many for the Giants to be receiving purely by nature of the fact that this is a straight knockout. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/warrington-vs-huddersfield-betting-huddersfield-could-be-getting-a-bit-too-much-of-a-start-in-cup-quarter-final-20130714

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter Finals I still go back to the Wire/ Wigan game the other week and how much it took out of both sides. I'm just not happy about my hometown team since then, the Leeds team were very unlucky not to come away with the 2 points that night. Huddersfield have been extremely consistent all season, and in Danny Brough, have, IMO, the best hb in SL this season. A lot depends on how the game is reffed, with Hudds tending to play a "slowing down game". If allowed to get away with it, and Danny Brough kicking Wire all over the park, especially in this weather, then Warrington are in for a long afternoon. Handicap is only 4 points greater than mine, but only home advantage makes warrington favourites. Huddersfield 2/1 off scratch.

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter Finals What a shambles from Huddersfield. Dropped more passes than they caught :wall. Monday night's preview: 4pts Wigan (-24) to beat Widnes Evs Skybet Wigan have already put on 62pts against Widnes at the DW Stadium this season and while I’m not going to predict they will score that many in this match I do think they will score sufficiently enough to cover a 24pt handicap. The big open pitch at the DW Stadium suits them and given that their youngsters put up over 30pts in the away fixture against Widnes, Wigan will score a barrel load of points. With the incentive of London in the semi final I expect them to be ruthless in defence and in attack and to win this comfortably. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wigan-vs-widnes-betting-wigan-should-cruise-into-the-semi-finals-at-the-dw-stadium-20130714

Re: Challenge Cup Quarter Finals That's what you get for giving it the banana ;) :lol. If they are to get their dream final they haven't exactly made certain they'll get it by putting Wigan in the Saturday semi final five days after a Saints/Wigan derby. Especially when the Broncos can rest everyone on the Friday night at Widnes.