Concacaf Gold Cup 2013

Re: Concacaf Gold Cup 2013

I was wondering could it be theoretically possible that the odds for straight win for an underdog are fair price' date=' while odds for handicap on the same underdog are value?[/quote'] I think it's more likely that either both the straight win and handicap are good value or that they aren't. I think you posted after I tipped Netherlands Women to beat Germany Women DNB @ around 17.0. You remember that the match finished 0-0 and Netherlands had a good chance to score on the break in the last minute? I could easily have tipped Netherlands Women on the handicap (I think it was +2 AH @ 2.05) and they ended up winning 1-0! That would have meant the difference between a 2.0 return and a 17.0 return. It didn't happen, but it could have. My strategy is to try to find value on teams. E.G. Team A v Team B, I think B is good value @ 4.0. Then I look at the range of odds and how competitive they are. Sometimes you find that the DNB odds are nearly as high as the outright win, so that might be the best value. If it's a minor game and only a few bookies are covering it, the best value might be on the outright win (because there is a bigger market). If I'm convinced that 'Team B' is good value, then I will often back them on the DNB and Asian Handicap markets, but I generally only put one type of bet on this forum to keep things simple. In the long run I think both types of bet would give roughly the same return. The handicap would give a 'slow and steady' profit, and the DNB would produce more losses and voids with the occasional big win. Both assuming that the picks actually are good value, which is probably the hardest part :) For consistency, I'm trying to stick to one type of bet per thread. In the U20 World Cup, I used Asian Handicaps. In the Womens Euros thread, I've generally been using DNB bets (when tipping the underdog). I think I'll probably use Asian Handicaps on this thread, if I tip anything.

That would have meant the difference between a 2.0 return and a 17.0 return. It didn't happen' date=' but it could have.[/quote'] Spoken like a true gambler :lol .... I suppose the question should be how many times would those "could have" moments turn into "definitely did", at that price.

Re: Concacaf Gold Cup 2013 I've looked at the Cuba and Trinidad games a bit more and I think there is value backing these teams at the current prices. Based on the shots statistics and general performances and results in the group games. For these games, I think some of the Draw No Bet odds are the best value at the moment, so that's what I'm going to suggest: Panama v Cuba Cuba 8.5 DNB BetVictor/Unibet Mexico v Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago DNB 7.0 BetVictor

Panama v Cuba Cuba 8.5 DNB BetVictor/Unibet
Result: Panama 6 Cuba 1 Bet lost I thought Panama dominated the game and the scoreline was a fair reflection of their superiority. Cuba were occasionally fast and skilful in attack, for example in the move which lead to their goal. But Panama generally comfortably outclassed them with a much more assured all-round game. Panama looked superb on the counter attack once they took the lead. Cuba were forced to defend and were too rash in the tackle.

Mexico v Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago DNB 7.0 BetVictor
Result: Mexico 1 Trinidad and Tobago 0 Bet lost I thought Mexico deserved to win. They had most of the attacking play. As the scoreline suggests, this was a lot closer than Panama v Cuba. Trinidad had chances, but Mexico had a lot more.

Re: Concacaf Gold Cup 2013 Semi Finals [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 25 July 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] USA v Honduras (00:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD][/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Panama v Mexico (03:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Concacaf Gold Cup 2013 [TABLE=class: table-main]

[TR=class: center nob-border] [TH=class: first2 tl, colspan: 3]Tomorrow, 28 Jul - Final[/TH] [TH]1[/TH] [TH]X[/TH] [TH]2[/TH] [TH]B's[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: table-dummyrow] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD=class: table-time datet t1375041600-1-1-0-0]21:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]USA - Panama[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]1.43[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]4.21[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]7.58[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]16[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]