Flat Racing Tuesday 2nd July

8.00 Bath Portrait 10/3 Ladbrokes BOG Very well bred filly who steps up markedly in distance off the back of 3 maiden runs last year over shorter. Starts off at the lowest level against very exposed types. While it is true to say that most of the stable's runners have not won fto, it is July now, typically a month when Prescott strikes gold and it will be disappointing if she doesn't win today before going on to better things. 10 Points win Portrait 10/3 Ladbrokes There are other possibilities today such as Duke of Perth in Baths 8.00 but I will not back Spencer on any favourite as his recond is second to none on beaten favourites and that is despite the trainer's 50% strike rate in handicaps at the track. Cumani's horses always have to be respected at Brighton. Normally in what looks at 2 horse raace I would advise to bet as you have a 50/50 chance. In the 4.15 Spieta is closely tied in with Bligh and Spieta would be my selection narrowly but I fear the claims of Bligh whose trainer also has a decent record at the track. Lionheart in the 5.15 Brighton would be my choice at a push there too but not enough to tip him here. In the 5.50 at Gowran Harpist has the best form but from a stable I do not like. People were barking her from the hilltops fto and then she was beaten when odds on again. She may win but has become unreliable and is not for me. I can neither bet on her nor against her. Finally Wadacre Sarko in 3.30 Hamilton has come into his own since racing over middle distances and runs in this for his trainer Johnston who does well here. Impressive last week at Beverley in a class 6 but now upped to class 5 he may find the necessary improvement as he looks very progressive but Aleksandar from the Goldie yard is feared. Dropping both in trip and class, this one disappointed on his two runs at Hamilton this year and on that basis I would give the edge to the Johnston horse. There will be much better bets later in the week. Good Luck!