BBOTD - Thursday 20th July

19.30 Leicester: Big Wave @ 9/2 bet365 Big Wave ran a big race at Yarmouth recently. She had an awful start, got back in touch with the field quickly though and travelled then really well in the pack. In fact she travelled very much the strongest, on the bridle until 1f out and looked to make a winning move from there. She got tired in the closing stages then though and just finished 2nd eventually. I'd assume she'd have won it with a clear start. She remains on the same handicap mark, so has a real chance to make amends for last week. She looks well handicapped on old form anyway as she won of a 2lb higher mark at Yarmouth last year. This is a pretty small field and surly not a particularly strong contest, so I'm slightly surprised about the price here, was expecting shorter odds.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 20th July *Model Pupil > Ascot 3:45 > Each-way @ 50/1 Bet365 BOG* This price is very big I reckon. Lightly raced horse, trip is a question mark of course, but ran well over 2 miles last time out. Very interestingly, this is the first ever time the horse will meet good ground, which could bring out some improvement. Don't think we have seen the best of this horse yet, so is worth a bet at the price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.