Free $16.50 on Paddy Power

Burnley Joe

[h=2]Claim your FREE IWF tournament token! [/h] Guess what's back.. back again.. IWF...tell a friend! That's right the Irish Winter Festival 2013 will once again take place at the Burlington Hotel, Dublin, from Friday 25th - Monday 28th October. The Main Event buy in is set at €1,000 + €125 registration fee (VAT inclusive). To celebrate its return we're giving you a FREE €15 + €1.50 Irish Winter Festival token. Simply deposit money to your poker account and we'll credit you with the token automatically. This can be used on any of the IWF A 2013 Stage1 tournaments with a buy in of €15 + €1.50 which are available in the client right now. What are you waiting for? As usual, just move money between sports and poker, got mine today!

Re: Free $16.50 on Paddy Power Actually was going to ask you( as a satellite regular) what you make of the strategy of the 5 euro satellite that got me into the bigger Satellite. It was due to stop 10 minutes before the bigger one and everyone bar me and one other appeared to be slow playing. Surely you have to build a stack?

Re: Free $16.50 on Paddy Power

Actually was going to ask you( as a satellite regular) what you make of the strategy of the 5 euro satellite that got me into the bigger Satellite. It was due to stop 10 minutes before the bigger one and everyone bar me and one other appeared to be slow playing. Surely you have to build a stack?
This was one of those iPoker Musical Chairs sats, where you qualify if you're in one of the winning seats when the music stops? I've actually spent a non-trivial amount of time thinking about the end-game strategy in those, and I have no clue. But I suspect I may have a slight edge because most other players have even less of a clue. I presume you're talking about slow-playing towards the end? If you're fairly comfortably in the qualifying places, then it makes some sense to play slowly to reduce the number of opportunities for smaller stacks to overtake you. But also, these things usually end with loads of players outside the qualifying places going all in on the last hand, and a few lucky players winning a seat. Depending on how big the blinds are, you might be in a position where you're very unlikely to build a big enough stack before the last hand to be able to avoid that sort of gambling, but are in danger of getting blinded down so far that even if you win the last hand gamble you won't have enough chips to qualify. In that case, it might be right just to play so that you preserve enough chips to give yourself a chance on the last hand. But it's a really hard judgement to make, and I'm sure loads of players (including me) get it badly wrong. It's really frustrating when you're near the bottom of the qualifying positions when the last hand comes and you have to judge whether you need to gamble. I've got that one wrong (in both directions) more times than I like to remember.

Re: Free $16.50 on Paddy Power

Actually was going to ask you( as a satellite regular) what you make of the strategy of the 5 euro satellite that got me into the bigger Satellite. It was due to stop 10 minutes before the bigger one and everyone bar me and one other appeared to be slow playing. Surely you have to build a stack?
I agree with you. Slow playing is extremely dangerous. Couple of weeks ago in final qualifier for $200,000

Re: Free $16.50 on Paddy Power I joined with about 20 minutes to go without realising what the format was until I checked the lobby which must be a no no. As it turned out there was five seats and 4 tables left at the time out, so not a lot of room for having a seat locked. I was chip leader and BB at my table so ran the clock down knowing the 2 all ins before me couldn't catch me. There was bigger stack than me still in so I reckoned that left 3 seats for the all in players on 3 other tables which would surely have needed some minor miracle for 4 to get passed me. It was the fact that from the moment I sat down the slow playing was happening from medium and small stacks that got me. The other guy trying to get hands in was chip leader when I joined. I near enough open shoved every hand once I realised I shouldn't have joined this late and either didn't get called or won the pot when I did. So are these guys just paying 5 Euro for a lottery ticket? If so, at my table 5 forgot to check their numbers and at other tables some had only marked down 2 numbers on the ticket. Never played one before but all very strange.