Flat Racing Tuesday 11th June

9.00 Lingfield Big Thunder 11/8
Paddy Power
A Prescott improver who hacked up on Thursday over this distance at Brighton. Going up in grade but the manner of his victory suggests he is well up to it. The godolphin horse Press Room has possibilities given the stables good form but on this occasion I cant see beyond the Prescott horse.
With Maximum Confidence 10 points win Big Thunder 11/8 Paddy Power

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 11th June

16:05 Salisbury
The one I like in this class 6 handicap over seven furlongs is the top weight, Richard Hannon's
Girl Of Cadiz
. This 3 year old filly has only got her head in front once from 12 races which came on the all weather at Lingfield over today's trip of seven furlongs in a class 5 handicap off a mark of 67. She beat today's rival
Tight Fit
by a neck that day who was closing in near the finish. My selection
Girl Of Cadiz
races off 3lb better terms today and I fancy her to confirm those placings off these better terms despite
Tight Fit
being less exposed having only had the five runs to date. Since my selection's win at Lingfield she has had just the two races. She was sent to Newmarket off her renewed mark of 69 last month where she ran over a mile in what was a rather abysmal effort. She wasn't fancied at all that day and although her effort was starting to fade when she was ridden along, she did get badly hampered which paid no extra favour. She did however bounce back to form last time out in a classified stakes race at Chepstow over six furlongs just 8 days ago. She finished 2/8 that day and although she was never going to reach the winner, she stayed on well to take second place in the closing stages so with her stepping back up to seven furlongs today, she will be sure to appreciate that extra furlong, especially consdering she has already won over the distance and it appears that seven furlongs is certainly her favoured trip with form of 2423 in her four other attempts over this trip. Despite the fact she is top weight for today's race, she is down in class from her last handicap run and her handicap win and she is also 2lbs lower than that win on the all weather (she is however still rated 69 on the all weather), getting in off a mark of 65. William Twiston-Davies takes off an extra 5lbs and he knows her well by now having been on board for her win at Lingfield and on a further five occasions. Hannon has his stable in flying form now with several winners over the weekend and it would be no surprise to see him have another here in this race.
1pt E/W Girl Of Cadiz @ 7/1 (Bet365 - BOG, 1/4 odds, 1,2,3)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.