Whats the differences between having Tilt and Addiction?

Danshot

Okay so as posted in Poker Challenges my bankroll and my confidence have taken a major knock , but I was wondering if going on a major tilt can be classed as some form of addiction as generally while on tilt you will be chasing losses ? And at what point does tilt go too far was regards to this.

Re: Whats the differences between having Tilt and Addiction? I haven't read your post in your thread, so anything I type is absolutely not a dig at you. That's the disclaimer out the way :) I would say that 'tilt' is making the wrong decisions within the confines of your hands. Whereas, in previous posts of yours I have replied to in the past you have often hammered the Super/Hyper Turbos after a perceived 'bad beat' - and I would link that to some need for the adrenaline of the situation where you win or lose very quickly. Not sure if I would use the term 'addiction', as you have mentioned in your OP, but it could be, and I cant particularly think of what term I would use for it. Losing a hand from ahead in a 'normal tournament' seems to drive you to total disregard for the value in the bankroll you have left, when in reality every penny is worth the same. Maybe addiction is right, I don't know - but I definitely would class it as something beyond tilt My tuppenceworth :ok

Re: Whats the differences between having Tilt and Addiction? Think your form of tilt(apparently there are loads) is the same as mine. It's an abomination of our gambling addiction so for us it's one and the same , there is no difference. You need to be prepared to gamble to win at poker, you just need to control it better. I do most of the time but I am still aware when I have lost the plot and close the tables. I usually go and play slots then to get it out of my system which is the worst advice you will ever get. Make sure there is something left, face up to it, and grind out the micro's again.

Re: Whats the differences between having Tilt and Addiction? Thanks for time taken guys I have been through the cycle several times before grinding away properly and then hitting a bad turn and screwing up all my hard work on one session instead of accepting it and going back the next day. But lately have felt then need to play for the instant quicker win instead of grinding 4 hrs for mostly a min-cash even though I know my edge is in deep stacks when time to pick spots my weakness is that instant adrenaline rush of the hyper turbo's. Think part of this is how I feel about myself without and other proof of success in life at the moment though hopefully Wed will help spark a new confidence boost if I can get through a job interview successfully :hope:hope Anyways for now I am going to cut down to 3 maybe 4 days where can play poker and try mix it alternative interests to keep a healthier balance and allow me to enjoy the micro's :rollin