Flat Racing Wednesday 29th May

Re: Flat Racing Wednesday 29th May 4.40 - Nottingham - Deficit @ 11/2 Bet365 I've been trawling through this race for a while now but i keep coming back to one of my notebook horses Deficit. This looks on paper like a really competitive 3yo handicap for the grade and there are undoubtably a few improvers in here. Argent Knight heads the market, he followed up his comfortable C&D win with a solid 2nd lto and he is likely to give a good account, whether the forecast rain will be detrimental to his chances remains to be seen and he looks on the short side now at around 11/4. The other runner prominent in the market is the Ralph Beckett trainer Hello Sailor, he went off favourite on his handicap bow and came up short, the extra 2f will suit him but this looks tougher and again i'll take him on at the prices. My selection is Deficit, showed signs of ability in maidens before being abit of an eye-catcher last time out. That was his seasonal re-appearance and handicap debut and he finished 3rd to the fast improving Plutocracy. Like Hello Sailor the extra 2f should suit him, Jamie Spencer takes over in the saddle of the Michael Bell trained colt and he should certainly come on for the run. He did have the re-opposing Town Mouse in front last time out but should be able to reverse that form in my opinion. The form of that last run has also been franked with the 6th placed runner winning a handicap yesterday. Of the others i feel the Alan King runner Chocala deserves a mention too. He ran a solid race on his return at York, will cope if the going becomes softer and has plenty of scope for improvement too. I may well have a saver on him if the going does worsen a lot. 5.15 - Nottingham - Bold Duke @ 5/1 Bet365 I reckon that conditions should be perfect for Bold Duke to gain his 2nd C&D win from 2 attempts. He won here at the back end of last season in a similar event and back off only a 2lb higher mark he should go very close. He didn't run a bad race in defeat last time and his stamina may have been stretched over 1m 4f, even though he was campaigned over that sort of distance last season. I feel he's probably better over tomorrows distance of 10f and with abit of rain forecast i feel that should play into his hands also. I feel its also worth siding with the more experienced jockey's in these type of races and Eoin Walsh is probably as good as any in this field, i'm hoping he can get his turf winners count up and running for the season

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.