Nell Gwyn

cpo

Really looking forward to this race on Wednesday. I think the one to beat is going to be Sky Lantern despite her having to carry a penalty. She was progressive last year and followed up group 1 success in Ireland with an extremely unlucky run at the Breeders Cup. Can't say for sure whether or not she would have won with a clear run but she would have gone very close as she was travelling all over the field and she has an impressive turn of foot. I would expect her to go off favourite for the race with the main dangers being the like of Nargys, Lady Nouf, Winning Express and possibly Jadanna. Nargys has received glowing reports from Kieron Fallon in recent weeks and she did finish a good 2nd to one of the favourite for the 1000 Guineas last time out in Just the Judge. Cumani won this race in 2009 and I would expect her to be involved in the finish. Ed McMahon believes 7f is just about as far as Winning Express can go so it will be interesting to see how she fares. She might just be vulnerable to stronger stayers. Lady Nouf is the one that interests me the most other than the Hannon horse. I still haven't decided on which to back but I might be leaning towards the Haggas horse. She comes into the race as a maiden winner, so she certainly has plenty to prove. The maiden she won however, has been franked by both Secret Gesture and Desert Image who won on their next outings at Newmarket and Newbury respectively. The Haggas horse are running well at the moment and I love the breeding of this horse. I think she could be quite special. The other one that might have a squeak is the James Given trained Jadanna who will come into the race having had a run. That certainly gives her a fitness edge over her rivals and she isn't one to underestimate. She showed some very decent form last year over shorter, which is why I feel she may be in the same boat as Winning Express and find 1 or 2 finishing off the race much better.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.