** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dutching calc ? / formula

Hi guys just a quick one is there a calculater or a formula available out there that will tell you how much to stake if you know your desired profits ? example ..... If my starting bank is 1000 and I want to make a profit of 7.5% that obviously is 75 so what I'm wanting is after finding out the odds for 2 outcomes ,how would I calculate the stake amount to get tht 75 profit . Normal dutching calcs work out the profit from the size of the stake I'm looking at doing it the other way knowing the profit but needing to know the stake. any help will be much appreciated I'm currently paper trading a system Iv found on the net for correct scores in football with good success but need to work on a staking plan thanks all.

Re: Dutching calc ? / formula Not sure if this is what your looking for, but you could use goal seek in excel. Fill out your spreadsheet's "A" and "B" column like this: ("C" column is the explanation) [TABLE=width: 615]

[TR] [TD][/TD] [TD]A[/TD] [TD]B[/TD] [TD]C[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]Bank:[/TD] [TD]1000[/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]Desired profit:[/TD] [TD]7,50%[/TD] [TD]The profit% you desire[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]Bank * Desired profit:[/TD] [TD]75,00[/TD] [TD]=B1*B2[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]Profit in units[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]=B5*B6-B6 (Odds*Stake - Stake)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]Odds[/TD] [TD]2,1[/TD] [TD]Fill in the actual odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]Stake[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]Fill in any number[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Then run excel's goal seek: Set Cell: The profit in units cell (B4) To Value: Manually fill in the actual bankroll * desired profit% (in this example: 75). By Changing cell: Stake (B6) And here's the result: [TABLE=width: 305] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD]A[/TD] [TD]B[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]Bank:[/TD] [TD]1000[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]Desired profit:[/TD] [TD]7,50%[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]Bank * Desired profit:[/TD] [TD]75,00[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]Profit in units[/TD] [TD]75[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]5[/TD] [TD]Odds[/TD] [TD]2,1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]Stake[/TD] [TD]68,18181818[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] So in order to get 75 units of profit with 2,1 odds you need to stake 68,18 units. If you want to find out the stake for other odds/bank/desired profit you have to run goal seek again. Good luck with your system :)

Re: Dutching calc ? / formula Target win X = 75 Decimal Odds A = 4 B = 5 Stake for A X*B/(A*B-A-B) = 75*5/(4*5-4-5) = 375/11 = 34.09 Stake for B Stake A*A/B = 34.09*4/5 = 136.36/5 = 27.27 Total stake A + Stake B = 61.36 If A wins 34.09*4-Total stake = 136.36-61.36 = 75 If B wins 27.27*5-total stake = 136.35 -61.36 = 74.99 Thats near enough ;)