Flat Racing 10th April

4.10 Nottingham Interesting handicap with several making returns and a few that have something to prove. Osteopathic Remedy has a pretty good record fresh, but this mark is probably just beyond him especially at the age of 9. Benzanno is unexposed and made a winning return at Lingfield, up 2lb for that effort, but had already been hit hard for a cosy win at back end of last year so this sort of mark demands a lot more back on turf. Discression looked to be progressing well before disappointing on last start last year, didn’t run great fresh last year so probably enough to prove on the back of those runs. Maverick ran a cracker on reappearance at Lingfield but up 3lb for that effort and a career best required and although easy to forgive last run on the snow in St Moritz needs to step up again. Shavansky can go well fresh although his form tailed off back end of last year but is capable off this sort of mark with yard going very well at the moment. President Lincoln is a quirky sort who ran best race for sometime after a lengthy layoff last time out, has a tendency to go well fresh and bomb next time so not the obvious sort to back that effort up. Gloriam looks a big price based on his run last time out on reappearance looks sure to strip fitter and looks on a good mark given he went close off 85 so must feature in this somewhere with plenty of question marks over many. 1pt e/w Gloriam 9/1 coral 5.30 Kempton Apprentice handicap not my ideal betting ground but one of these went in my notebook last time out and this looks a weak race to possibly take advantage of now. Addikt caught the eye at a big price after a break last week but he does have a tendency to run well fresh so perhaps not an obvious sort to go well again. This trip looks short enough for Comedy House. Manomine is consistent but finds winning hard and doesn’t always look the most willing so not ideal for a totally inexperienced pilot. Final Delivery fell a huge way in the weights but finally took advantage last time out, up 6lb for that and also steps up in trip so looks way too short at 15/8. I am gonna take a chance on Handheld who caught the eye last time out at Yarmouth over a mile, under this jockey under a fairly soft ride but stayed on eye catchingly, runs off same mark today and this step up in trip looks an interesting move going forward. 1pt e/w Handheld 8/1 bet365

Re: Flat Racing 10th April I quite like Benzanno in the big handicap of the day. Form of his win lto has worked out well, that was a likeable performance as well where he showed a nice turn of fit finishing very well. Ground should be fine, just on the soft side of good, if someone lays me 4/1 I'll happily be on, too short currently I think. Dont really understand the money for Uppercut, was fortune to win the handicap at Goodwood he did last year and looked held since, would have needed to improved over the winter imo, know the yard can ready them and Fallon is an eye catching booking.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.