NBA Tuesday

Golden State @ Memphis under 190.5 Memphis: 0-13 under (-11.4 since March 2004) off a win in which Battier shot worse than 33%. (2-7 v. Denver) ok...semi-sarcastic (but true!..don't get me wrong!) trends aside, I think you all know how much I love Memphis home unders. (7-21 under this season @ home so far). The first meeting @ GS was 109-99...GS av. 6.4 ppg less in road games, Memphis home games av. 6.0 less per game. Memphis shot over 50% (more on that later) in that game, and GS shot 11-21 3's (Av. only 35.5% on the road) and there was a whopping 63 FT's in that game, over 10 more than these teams average. Memphis play their best D on 2 days rest, allowing just 87.7 ppg. GS are 2-8 under this season as raod dogs of 6-9. Memphis are 3-11 under v. teams that allow 99+ ppg...tells me that they just don't score as much as people expect them to. This is particularly true over their last 5 games. They've topped 90 only once, av. just 84.4 ppg @ only 36.8% shooting!! Seems the loss of Gasol is hurting them quite badly offensive. Good thing for them they allow only 87.6 ppg @ 39.7%. Detroit @ Portland under 178 Detroit: 0-12 under (Av. 167.5!) since Dec 2001, when playing at least their 3rd straight road game with at least one to come. *** I do actually like this one...Going back over 3 years, I figure there must be something in it! For some reason, in this situation, Detroit really crank up the D, allowing just 79.8 ppg! [They are also 10-2 ats with an av. win of 7.9 over these 12 games.] This is bad news for Portland who have topped 87 only once in their last 8 games (v. a poor Atlanta) @ 84.6. They are 2-5 under with Andreson out of the team, and apparently Randolph's knee is a real problem for him. Detroit have allowed <91 in their last 7 @ 84.4. 5 of the last 6 meetings have been under this number @ 160.1!! *** 0-2 under this season: 77-80 @ SA with total @ 173, and 92-69 @ NO with total @ 171.5.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.