** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

March 31st 1973, 40 years ago this Sunday, AINTREE.

I was there "alledgedly", I only went as my dad could not find a babysitter. Cant remember much, Just crowds and Horses. And my dad not being to happy, He backed Crisp I was told a few years later. Both went off 9/1 joint favs, but 23lb diff in weight. He's never getting there, is he? 40 years ago. Enjoy!:ok

Re: March 31st 1973, 40 years ago this Sunday, AINTREE. With 1 to jump, in this day n age, Crisp must have been 50/1 on.. That has to be one of the top 10 all time greatest sporting moments.. Record time, and a two time Cheltenham gold cup winner back in 3rd, he tho would get his revenge.

Re: March 31st 1973, 40 years ago this Sunday, AINTREE. Watched Red Rum win the following year but never backed him in fact every time i backed him he finished 2nd,one year i backed him the bugger got withdrawn the night before.i was there when Rag Trade shot past him on the run in when i was celebrating the win lol. i appreciate Red Rum was a one off and a big public favourite,personally my favourite was Aldaniti, i was a bit skint the week before his national and thought i had no chance of going, the Saturday before the race i had one of those days, put a few bets on ,no accumulators,just a little double and a few forecasts, got a few bob back from them,went and cashed the bets and had a look at the form for the next race , i still remember the horse today, Black Rod ridden by John Francombe, thought to myself this has a great chance. couldn't believe the price,right lets go for it and put the lot on at 10/1 cantered in, cashed my bet and thought Aintree here we come, knew the horse i fancied for the National so had a few bob on Aldaniti at 16/1 and put the rest in my pocket for Aintree, screamed Aldaniti home all the way up the straight, incredible atmosphere that day.