BBOTD - Friday 22nd of March

20.30 Wolverhampton: Rocket Rob @ 8/1 Paddy Power It's always unfortunate if two horses of my eye-catcher list running in the same race as it is the case in this race. Usually I swerve these sort of races eventually but there are good reasons to do otherwise here. I suppose My Son May has made it into many notebooks in recent weeks and indeed he should have a huge chance of winning this race but I burned my fingers in the past on this one and he's a shade too short in the price for me. However I also have Rocket Rob on my list and I think he's quite a huge price in contrast. I thought his most recent performance was an absolute massive one. He had the widest draw to overcome what usually is not an advantage over 5f at Wolverhampton and he also missed the break, trailing the field early on by a couple of lengths, having been hard pushed to get back into contention. He suddenly appeared to be back on the bridle from around 3f out and travelled well enough entering the home straight. He made impressive headway then until getting a clear run denied over 1f out. He had to switch to the right, lost balance and momentum as a result, but picked up again and finished strongly. I think only a horse in good form can finish a race in a way like that under these sort of circumstances.

Re: BBOTD - Friday 22nd of March 12.35 Jebel Ali Spirit of Battle 1pt win SP With weather threatening all of the UK meetings tomorrow and Dundalk being an absolute graveyard for me, I am turning my attention to Jebel Ali where there is no chance of racing being abandoned. I have gone for a horse in a 16 runner conditions race but I do think he has an excellent chance. He is a previous CD winner, which came this time last year where he beat the probably favourite for tomorrows race Forjatt. He has been running very well of late finishing a fast finishing 2nd to Seachantach and then an unlucky 4th behind Anaerobio over this distance at Meydan. A return to the dirt will pose no problems and he should go very close if turning up in the same mood. Tadgh O'Shea has been doing very well over in the Middle East so he is a positive and the trainer's runners have been running well. Although there are 16 runners, I don't see this being that competitive but I fancy Kaiss to be the main danger. I backed him last time out when Marc Monaghan got a terrific run out of him to come right from the back of the pack to win and he should go close again.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.