Cheltenham Placepot Strategy

Obviously its difficult to get a placepot up at Cheltenham ....so the best thing to do is perm bets at 5p ( giving you enough lines without laying out a fortune ) Even if you get the placepot up for only 1 line and it pays £1000 - then thats a return of £50 for your 5p line ). Personally i have set aside £70 for the four days ...giving me on average £17-50 a day . I will not banker any on horse in any one race so the minimum selections will be 2 per leg. The placepots will obviously pay high if the hot pots fail to place...and if they do i will hope my other selections are placed. I will pick my selections based on cheltenham form and jockeys that also do well at the festival. Day 1 : Leg 1 :The race you dont want to go out on ....so here i will have 3 selections. Leg 2 :7 horse race only 2 places...potential big return if fav blows out....so 3 selections. Leg 3 :24 runners ......so will again have to be 3 selections Leg 4 :Not a bad race ..i can do hurricane flyer and another just incase ......2 selections Leg 5 :3 mile7 race....so i will find 2 that do well over that long distance .....2 selections Leg 6 :The final leg - if i make it that far i will give myself a chance with have 3 selections So my perm will be 3 X 3 X 3 X 2 X 2 X 3 = 324 Lines ....so this will be a Layout of £16.20 @5p lines So now the easy task of making the selections. My fav jockey who does well at the festival is A E LYNCH ...so thats 2 selections already sorted . Mullins obviously does well along with Henderson so will have to put there fancied ones in. The rest i will pick out on previous cheltenham form ( not worried what they have done inbetween ) You will find horses that do well at cheltenham fest tend do run well the the following year too. Here are my selections for TUESDAY : LEG 1 : CHAMPAYNE FEVER (2) DODGING BULLETS (4) JEZKI (6) LEG 2 : HIS EXCELLENCY (3) SIMONSIG (6) TAP NIGHT (7) LEG 3 : FRUITY O ROONEY (13) JANDALI (14) WHITE STAR LINE (22) LEG 4 : HURRCANE FLY (6) ZARCANDER (9) LEG 5 :UNCLE JUNIOR (1) SIZING AUSTRALIA (4) LEG 6 :ALASI (10) QUEVEGA (4) SHOP DJ (16)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.