Southampton v Liverpool > Sat 16th March

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southampton v Liverpool (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

I think you've got to go with Liverpool are too short here really. I think longer term they're poor value under evens away to sides such as Southampton, who aren't a bad side. The prices here suggest Southampton are bottom four, which IMO, they aren't. Both to score would be my call, maybe a score draw. Liverpool are pushing Everton hard, and face competition from Swansea and Albion. Southampton have a dire need for points on the board so they can take it easy. With Liverpool now out of the Europa league they will be concentrating on finishing in the top six as anything below that would be a disaster. So I can't see this being a game of defences, more likely both sides will be looking for the win, above a tactical cautious approach.

Re: Southampton v Liverpool > Sat 16th March I'm taking the over 2.5 @ 1.67 (williamhill.com). These are not great odds but it seems pretty simple to me.Both teams have a good offensive potential and both have problems in the defense. Southampton is 4 points above the relegation zone,Liverpool wants European competition next year ,so it's a must win for both.Liverpool's away games produced over 2.5 goals in 11 out of 14 matches,the second in the league after Spurs. Suarez is the top goalscorer and he's on fire.Sturridge has rediscovered himself at Liverpool and enjoys playing for them,as of Coutinho,it seems he has been given the role of a playmaker and he's doing a really good job,he has a great technique ability and vision. Southampton hasn't really changed their style of play after Pochettino took charge of the club,they play a fluent and attractive football that can always produce goals.Let's not forget that Southampton played well against "big teams" : victory against city,2-2 at Stamford bridge,1-1 against arsenal and 3 hard fought losses against United and Spurs. I believe we'll see at least 3 goals in this one,probably a Liverpool win.

Re: Southampton v Liverpool > Sat 16th March Every time I contemplate backing Liverpool, I'm always put off by the odds. The most likely result here is a Liverpool win - Liverpool have a good record away to teams in the bottom half of the table, taking 13 points from 6 games, a points per game ratio which is only bettered by Man Utd. They are also in good form winning the last 3, and scoring an impressive 12 goals. I'd only be backing the win at evens or above though.

Over 2.5 goals 1.76 @ Betfair - This looks like an overs game to me. Liverpool are scoring lots of goals lately with 21 in their last 7 games and 12 in their last 3 which is an average of 3 and 4 goals respectively. Southampton know how to score at home as well after putting 3 past Man City and 2 past Man Utd at St Mary's this season already. In Ramirez, Puncheon, Lallana and Lambert they have players who can hurt Liverpool and i would be surprised if they don't score as they have scored in 11 out of 14 PL home games this season. On the other hand Liverpool are in great form and in Suarez, Sturridge, Gerrard and Coutinho they will nearly certainly score and I would be surprised if they didn't score 2 in this match. Both sides have near fully fit squads and i think goals beckon in this one. Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app