** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Girondins de Bordeaux v Benfica > Thu 14th March

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Girondins de Bordeaux v Benfica (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.96[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Girondins de Bordeaux v Benfica > Thu 14th March Benfica will travel without both first choice CB Luisao and Garay (injured). According to portuguese press, some players will be reserved for the important match against Guimaraes next Sunday. Cardozo, Lima and Enzo Perez will likely start from the bench.

Re: Girondins de Bordeaux v Benfica > Thu 14th March Bordeaux have no important missings and all regulars are expected to play from the start. It should be noted that the top two offensive players Gouffran and Jussiê have left the club in January, but the good news is that Saivet and Diabate will play after not played in the first match in Lisbon. Carrasso, Mariano, Planus, Henrique, Tremulinas, Sane, Plašil, Saivet, Obraniak, Belay, Diabate

Re: Girondins de Bordeaux v Benfica > Thu 14th March I think Bordeaux has a very good chance here. Benfica clearly doesn´t care about the Europa League and beside having the two CB injured, some changes will be made in the starting eleven. Benfica and Porto are fighting for the portuguese title and that's their main focus. Benfica in the first leg completly dropped the game after the 1-0 and Bordeaux with a bit more firepower could have managed to draw. Bordeaux has always kept a clean sheet in their home games. The return of Diabate could be the missing piece, specially in front a new centre defense. Having said that, I think that Bordeaux DNB has value. And depending on Benfica starting 11, that bet could have more value yet. For me one thing is certain: I don´t think that a second choice Benfica could win this today. And honestly, after Porto being eliminated last night, I don´t think that Benfica´s coach would be unhappy if they were dropped today from this Europa League. Just my 0.02 €.

Re: Girondins de Bordeaux v Benfica > Thu 14th March

Benfica and Porto are fighting for the portuguese title and that's their main focus. Are you serious ? You wanna say that Porto didnt wanna pass Malaga in CL . Did you watch the game Porto play with strongest team.How can you compare Portugese League and CL ???

I think Bordeaux has a very good chance here. Benfica clearly doesn´t care about the Europa League and beside having the two CB injured, some changes will be made in the starting eleven. Benfica and Porto are fighting for the portuguese title and that's their main focus. Benfica in the first leg completly dropped the game after the 1-0 and Bordeaux with a bit more firepower could have managed to draw. Bordeaux has always kept a clean sheet in their home games. The return of Diabate could be the missing piece, specially in front a new centre defense. Having said that, I think that Bordeaux DNB has value. And depending on Benfica starting 11, that bet could have more value yet. For me one thing is certain: I don´t think that a second choice Benfica could win this today. And honestly, after Porto being eliminated last night, I don´t think that Benfica´s coach would be unhappy if they were dropped today from this Europa League. Just my 0.02 €.
So why do they travel to France if they dont care about the EL?? What a nonsense...

I'm not saying Porto didn't wanna pass Malaga. On the contrary. And I am not comparing Portuguese league to CL either. I am just saying that Porto and Benfica know their limitations and if reaching the final stages in the CL is viewed as very positive thing, they know sooner or later they will be out. So at least in CL they try to go as far as they can, but the season main goal is the domestic title.

So why do they travel to France if they dont care about the EL?? What a nonsense...
I don't see where the nonsense is! Most teams usually don´t care about EL until they reach the QF. They even play some second choice players in order to rest key players. This doesn't mean that they don´t wanna pass to the next stage. They just keep focus on their primary targets. Benfica went with a second team to League Cup semi final a couple weeks ago. The manager even revealed that the competition was not a priority (in a semi final). They lost the semi and went home. I saw Benfica with minimal services against Leverkusen and with Girondins (first leg). If they wanted to win (as they should) then they should have played full squad. My point of view.