Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway

BROKERALD

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway I have qualified for this having got past the 300 point margin required, although I had to email them to get my ticket credited. I noticed you too have qualified BROKERALD. I've Just been on their website promotions and noticed this with some 'NEW' dates (highlighted in red) and wondered what chance it will be cancelled, and pushed back to 6th May?!! I'm getting Really sick of these sites not sticking to their original dates, and just scrapping the tournies last minute. Betfair is supposed to be a fair operator, lets see how fair they are if the Tourny is scrapped before next Tuesday 26th march (the original date) At a glance AREA51_784x205.jpg?v=1363595094000 AREA 51 iPhone 5 Giveaway Join New Betfair Poker and unlock your access to the restricted Area 51 to win one of 51 brand new iPhone 5s. One Tournament – 51 iPhones! There’s a great value for everyone. Join now, deposit and play! HOW DOES IT WORK? >> Simply play a real money poker game at any stake or buy-in level and earn Player Points on ‘New Betfair Poker’. >> Once you have earned 300 Player Points within the qualifying period, you will automatically receive a tournament token to the Area 51 tournament. >> The qualifying period will run from January 21st to April 30th 2013. >> The Area 51 tournament will be played on May 6th@ 8pm UK time. The top 51 players in the Area 51 tournament will win a brand new iPhone 5 or a cash alternative as stated in T&Cs.

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway Seems as thou they have changed it going by your thread it says at the botrom of you message may 6th final instead of original date march 26 ,,, gl but i doubt they do f.a i aint playing myself was a good promo for people wanting iphone 5 i might be wrong but unless thats a second on going promo as a recurring theme hopefully they dont cancel it for those whom have met the requirements

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway Dear Edward, Thank you for your e-mail. Please be advised that we have now manually applied the token for the Area 51 promotion and would like to wish you the very best of luck in the tournament which is due to be played on the 06/05/2013. We hope this now resolves the matter for you and we hope you can accept our apologies for any inconvenience this delay may have caused. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries. Kind regards, Ed Willis

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway I have problems at times logging in which has resulted in me deleting the software and downloading it again. Not good :@ I can only imagine that they haven't had the numbers to cover this promo but I do find that hard to believe. However, when I looked last night only 48 had regged. The website has the qualifying period extended until the end of April and if that is the case I'll now bother to qualify.

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway Just got this email, Betfair is a joke :spank [TABLE=width: 600]

[TR] [TD=bgcolor: #ffcb43, align: center] One Tournament… 51 iPhone 5s! [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]main1.jpg[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Dear John We'd like to invite you to try New Betfair Poker with the AREA 51 iPHONE GIVEAWAY! We'll be dishing out 51 iPhone 5s in a single tournament on May 6th and all you have to do to earn a ticket to the game and fight for one of these beauties is sign up to New Betfair Poker and generate 300 Player Points. This promotion is exclusively for players on New Betfair Poker, so any points generated on Classic Betfair Poker won't count here. If you need help getting started on New Betfair Poker, click here. btn.jpg For full details on this promotion, please click here. We hope to see you at the New Betfair Poker tables soon. Good luck! The New Betfair Poker Team

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway Sent email to Betfair: Hi. My username on Betfair is xxxxxxx, and my nickname on poker is w1shing. I am writing to yourselves because i am upset that all my hard work achieving 300 points, and gaining a ticket, and registering for the area51 tournament on the 26th March 2013 at 8pm, and logging in, and finding that it has disappeared from the lobby. The qualifying period was from January 21st, to March 17th 2013, of which i did. I have inserted a picture of the said details for your perusal, but you will probably already know what happened. I have stood by Betfair for many years, after their obtaining of www.flutter.com and in that time i have lost fortunes, but i accept that, because of my own failings in my betting behaviour, but for a massive company like yourselves to cancel this tournament, with no emails, or texts to myself about this, i cannot forgive. Your company has got too big for it’s boots, and in the past you made me feel a part of your community, sending me diaries every year, giving me betfair cufflinks, money holder, playing cards, t shirts, polo shirts, etc etc. I have put up with all betfairs problems with their poker sites (4 in total), and even endured your attempt at doing your own poker site with the help of Ben Grundy. Please start being nice to this little guy again, and start by offering me something nice, by way of an apology because you had 51 iphones, and only 55 of us registered for tonight’s tournament. It’s not hard to be nice! All the best. Mark Their reply: Dear Mark, Thank you for contacting Betfair. Further to your query below, please be advised that the Area 51 tournament has been postponed and is now playing on the 6th of May instead of on the 26th March 2013. If you had already registered to this event using your token you will be automatically registered to the new event on the 6th of May. Please note that we have amended all the new details on the site for users to be aware of. If you direct yourself to the following link, you will be able to see all the information listed, such as when the tournament will be open for registration. http://poker1.betfair.com/promotion/iphone_giveaway We do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the change in date, as our intention was not to confuse or upset our customers. We wish you the best of luck for the game! Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries. Kind regards, Josef Baldacchino My email to them tonight: Dear Josef. Your reply is not good enough, with no reason given! I did everything Betfair asked. I got the points in time, and got my ticket, and registered for the tournament on the 26th March, and then you decide, because you haven’t enough entries, to move the schedule? Very bad customer relations indeed. So another scenario. Betfair sponsored the Grand National Horse race. a week on Saturday, and you didn’t get 40 runners, you would postpone it till June? Would you? No is the answer, so why move this tournament. Very, very bad customer relations, and all you can do is apologise! Mark

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway I was with Betfair on the exchanges from the beginning and they way that they have managed to screw up a truly great model is breathtaking. i would quite happily see it ground into the dirt, if only someone else could pull their fingers out and set up a viable alternative. As for being a poker provider, the beginning of the end was the way they treated their loyal customer base when migrating to Ongame.

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway Today's email from them. My view is they are a bunch of tossers, and no more Betfair anything for me. Just the iphone giveaway, if it happens!

Thank you for contacting Betfair.

We do understand where you are coming from and empathise with you in regard to this matter.

Please note that a business decision was made to postpone the tournament to a later date. As per the terms of the offer:

Betfair Poker reserves the right to modify the terms of this promotion or to discontinue it at any time.

Rest assured that it was not Betfair's intention to upset players.

Once again apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.

Kind regards,

Josef Baldacchino

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway Of course they have that get out clause, every site does but have never seen any other site use it. (surprised Coral haven't, they seem to be committing financial suicide recently) This is an organisation that ran a massive promotion once and allowed their employees to enter a team after it had started. Why would a multi million pound business risk it's reputation?. It's not betfair that are, it's a handful of employees. They must be losing sports betting players to the other exchanges every day.

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway I'm supposed to be in it, and do feel a bit put out about it. I used to put up prizes occasionally to attract people to online motor races, and found out that it never always had the desired effect, BUT I STILL PAID OUT THE PRIZES ON THE ADVERTISED DAY, and I'm just a poor old me, not a big organisation. Off topic, but in response to what you said about Coral, Spit.. I was just wondering to an offline friend earlier what they were upto.. that they "must have robbed a bank or something".

Re: Betfair "AREA 51" iPhone 5 Giveaway

Sent email to Betfair: So another scenario. Betfair sponsored the Grand National Horse race. a week on Saturday, and you didn’t get 40 runners, you would postpone it till June? Would you? No is the answer, so why move this tournament. Very, very bad customer relations, and all you can do is apologise! Mark
BRILLIANT! That really made me laugh. I never played much poker on Betfair as their old software was horrid. I stopped betting with them too as their charges are unreasonable. Doesn't look like they are going to change.

• 1 month later...