Bent AW Racing.....

There is a point to this - it's not just a moan... Secret Millionaire has just won at 6/4 having been backed all night and all day. A gambling stable and I'm prepared to accept that this happens, it's part of the game etc etc etc. 50s, 50s and 66/1 last 3 starts.... 56 days off, 6/4 - bang!!!! Ok - apparently this is acceptable and nothing will be done about it - so I'll accept it. I mean the whole sport is gonna doe on it's arse soon because Trainers have to do this to make money so I am told - because Prize Money is rubbish n all that... Tony Caroll practically pisses himself in the pre race interview and in he goes - ah well - just eat **** and get on with it.... What was also remarkable about the betting market was Beach Candy drifting from 4.5 to 14.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously some horses will drift because of the favourite being backed but that was ridiculous. Galvanised by front running tactics last 2 runs, the Jockey is well drawn in 3 or 4 (can't recall) and practically gets his arms pulled out restraining the animal before taking him out wide and finishing plum last.... I know the game is corrupt (MY OPINON - NOT THAT OF PUNTER'S LOUNGE), it's just come throught that the BHA are having yet another investigation into corruption etc but my point is this..... Can you make money following the market? I don't have a big enough sample size of my bets (and the way they moved in the market) to draw conclusions but it's sickening when it's clearly as bent as it is and nothing is being done about it.... Not all drifters lose, not all backed horses win.... We know that - but there is a disproportionate amount of horses that are winning after 'smart' money. My gut feel is that I would be better off waiting until the off and assessing the positivity in my selections before punting them... Obviously I will miss out on decent early prices on occassion but I fell I will save bets that in effect have no chance whatsoever.... Anyone care to discuss this?! Which is kind of my point I guess!! Dunno - just about in front for the month..... Was just about in front last month.... Either I'm off form or the game is getting harder and harder... Perhaps it's just the AW but nearly every significant drifter I back loses and these dodgy gambles are gettin beyond a joke.... :(

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bent AW Racing..... My gut feel is that I would be better off waiting until the off and assessing the positivity in my selections before punting them... Obviously I will miss out on decent early prices on occassion but I fell I will save bets that in effect have no chance whatsoever....Anyone care to discuss this?! Which is kind of my point I guess!! You are 100% correct. Better to half a loaf than none m8....Ericht 1.45,,drifted to 5.1...then 2 mins before the off,,,BANG!,,Job done as they say, returned 3/1. We are just flies trying to jump on the back of elephants, However when the purse is big enough, we can look at the form book, and usually it works in our favor. Dont let the barstewards get you down m8.:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.