Johnstone Paint Trophy > Northern Section Semi Final > 15th January

Jase82

Apologies but I'm on my phone so can't put up the correct odds here, but the semi final of the Northern Section is tonight, KO @ 19:30. Odds are roughly Crewe - 2 / Draw - 3.5 / Bradford - 4 I'm backing Crewe here to take advantage of Bradford's increasing fixture pileup. What with them in the League Cup Semi, with a good chance of getting to the final having beaten Villa in the first leg. I also think promotion is a must for them, and having slipped to ninth in the league table following a weekend loss at home to Oxford, I think a prolonged outing in the Johnstone Paint trophy is the least of their priorities. This competition is seen as a bit of a hinderence under normal circumstances anyway. Crewe play in League One and are having a pretty decent season following promotion last season. I think many tipped them for straight relegation this season but have been surprised since. They probably aren't expecting to gain promotion from League One, while don't have any fears of relegation. Bradford will probably make changes tonight, and possibly risk an FA fine of £5000 for making more than the allocated amount. So I see evens as a decent price here for a higher tiered side, under these current circumstances.

Re: Johnstone Paint Trophy > Northern Section Semi Final > 15th January

Apologies but I'm on my phone so can't put up the correct odds here, but the semi final of the Northern Section is tonight, KO @ 19:30. Odds are roughly Crewe - 2 / Draw - 3.5 / Bradford - 4 I'm backing Crewe here to take advantage of Bradford's increasing fixture pileup. What with them in the League Cup Semi, with a good chance of getting to the final having beaten Villa in the first leg. I also think promotion is a must for them, and having slipped to ninth in the league table following a weekend loss at home to Oxford, I think a prolonged outing in the Johnstone Paint trophy is the least of their priorities. This competition is seen as a bit of a hinderence under normal circumstances anyway. Crewe play in League One and are having a pretty decent season following promotion last season. I think many tipped them for straight relegation this season but have been surprised since. They probably aren't expecting to gain promotion from League One, while don't have any fears of relegation. Bradford will probably make changes tonight, and possibly risk an FA fine of £5000 for making more than the allocated amount. So I see evens as a decent price here for a higher tiered side, under these current circumstances.
thanks jase for spotting this i reckon its a cracking bet